laugh.gif

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have tried Move before. It's very accurate. Compared to a wiimote w/m+, it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more accurate.
I don't know about Kinect though, but this no controllers thing is too tiring.

So yes, Move

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have Kinect.
I tried PS move = sucks.
Kinect is amazing!
biggrin.gif

Besides Xbox Live is awesome so go for an Xbox not a PS3.
Xbox > PS3
Kinect > PS Move
Xbox + Kinect > PS3 + PS Move
biggrin.gif

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Neither of them look all that interesting to me for now. However, if you are a racing fan then I suggest Kinect because Forza 4 will work with it. But that's the only reason I am going to get Kinect.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
arpeejajo said:
Neither of them look all that interesting to me for now. However, if you are a racing fan then I suggest Kinect because Forza 4 will work with it. But that's the only reason I am going to get Kinect.
+1
I'd go for the 360 as well. The kinect just seems better, and because it's hacked you can do more fun stuff with it on your pc if you want.
and if you get the new Slim 360, you won't have all the problems the old one has, which is also a plus.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll always be an avid 360 hater, but my friend has a kinect and says it's quite accurate and fun.
I've used the Move in the store a few times, and for the most part, it's like a WM+. And I like the PS3 better.
I'd say Move just because I dislike the 360, but to be fair, kinect has gotten good reviews from my friends.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
My Opinion:
PS3 > Xbox 360
Move < Kinect
PS3 + Move > Xbox 360 + Kinect

Kinect is more creative with things, while Move is basically a more accurate Wii Remote. Both cost a bunch of cash, and neither in my honest opinion is worth purchasing at the moment. Judging from the bundles, the PS3 + Move bundle is worth more value.

Personally, I'd hold off on the motion controllers (that's what the Wii is for), since all the games out for both platforms just aren't very good right now... except maybe Dance Central for Kinect. You'll have fun with both in small bursts, but in the end I don't see the value in either.

stylow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no seriously i am gonna buy the 360 with kinect because i tried it in a shop and it was awesome so 360 here i'm coming

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a person with both i have to say honestly i use my ps3 with move then i do my xbox and kinect, i dont care what anyone says but in all honesty kinect isn't to practical when it comes to gaming i feel like an idiot playing it, i just dislike motion gaming in general but the move definitely has more hard core games backing it Resident Evil 5 is amazing on it, and Heavy Rain is great too and the future line up looks solid especially with no more heroes and dead space extraction (plus more wii and iphone ports)

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yay Kinect!
biggrin.gif

Besides PS move is just a very advanced Wiimote.
You'll still get that feeling that you're not so in the game.
However, when Kinect tracks your whole body, it just feels awesome, like you're so in it.
Kinect is awesome plus the voice control is neat.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arpeejajo said:
lets be serious now
no one is gonna play forza with kinect realistically

more of a novelty then anything
controller is the way to go

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ColdAshes said:
kinect = better eyetoy.

Actually, Kinect and Eyetoy are entirely different.
It might not be obvious, but let me make a few points clear.
-Kinect is a 3D camera + laser.
-Eyetoy is an ordinary 2D camera.
-Kinect = full body tracking.
-Eyetoy is like, so the system puts an imaginary box around you, and when you jump for example, your head exits that imaginary box, which is what causes you to jump in the game.
-Kinect is also used for voice chat in games. Or private chat too.
-Eye toy does not have a microphone.
Honestly though, comparing kinect with eyetoy is an insult to MS
tongue.gif

Big differences there ^^

fix'd spelling

kenshin-dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to me i wouldn't get either of them i don't support ripoffs, all the move is, is an updated wii mote, and all the kinect is, is an updated Wii mote fixed with an updated eye toy.

there are too many Xbox and PS3 fan boys here, there are no good games for the kinect and move yet all that they have a gimmicky game that just show basic usage of the devices if you are going to buy one of them wait until actual games come out for them. in my opinion you should get a Wii.

if you don't want a Wii or already have one, I will put my dislikes aside i would suggest on getting a Ps3, my decision comes down to internet connection, since most games these days have multiplayer, to go online with a Xbox 360 it costs the bandwidth form your ISP as well as a surcharge of about $6 from Microsoft, while with the PS3 all it cost is the bandwidth from your ISP.

kenshin-dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
8BitWalugi said:
I got all the consoles, and I bought a PS Move with my PS3.

I feel so ripped off right now. Get Kinect.

Kinect is just as bad my friend has one, you need 2meters of space between you and the Kinect to even play it and 3meters of space between you and the Kinect if you want to play with friends

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
kenshin-dragon said:
8BitWalugi said:
I got all the consoles, and I bought a PS Move with my PS3.

I feel so ripped off right now. Get Kinect.

Kinect is just as bad my friend has one, you need 2meters of space between you and the Kinect to even play it and 3meters of space between you and the Kinect if you want to play with friends

So what?!
If the guy is asking whether he should buy kinect, then he obviously has space
tongue.gif
(DUH LOL)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not going to get a clear and honest answer from the community here. We all have biases.

Just go to the local game store and try them both out. See which one you like. We can't baby you and force-feed our opinions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1