Hardware Kid Uses PSP to Play Wii

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Engadget said:
No, as much as we'd like to see it happen, this isn't some kind of monster emulation effort. Instead, an intrepid young -- and we mean young: his YouTube display name is "obiwan222222" -- PSP Fanboy has managed to get his PlayStation Portable to act as a screen for his Wii using Sony's LocationFree Player solution for the PSP. By patching through the PSP to LocationFree and by sticking what looks like a custom made Wii sensor above the console, the PSP can display the Wii's output using its WiFi to connect to the internet video stream, and a spare Wiimote to control the cursor. Unfortunately, this solution is far from practical, as there's an built-in lag of around 6 seconds: not something you want when playing twitch games. Besides the actual concept, the best part about the walkthrough video (which is after the break), is Obiwan22's narration. One typical quote for you: "I am not some kind of genius. I just want to make a statement [to show] what you can do with your LocationFree Player!" Aww, bless.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the kid must be smart
laugh.gif

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you're joking. All the proof you'll ever need is right there.
happy.gif
Kinda sucks that you get about 6 seconds of lag while playing Wii games on the PSP screen, though.
laugh.gif

[EDIT]: These child geniuses are gonna take over the world someday, I swear.

Swordmyth

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its justs a video he is playing on the psp and he is acting like he is doing it with a wii remote but in reality its just a video.

It is indeed FAKE

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont understand why people rip the psp look what its capable of doing. the psp is much more powerfull than the nds. I like them both. The psp is no where near sh**. also most people who rip it have not even played more than one game or even in some cases even played a psp at all.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why do you own a psp and come on to gbatemp(notice the GBA part). and then bag the shit out of ds's.

did you even read his post, or did you just auto rage cause he had a point. (i dont own a PSP, so dont fan-boy bullsh*t me)

i dont understand why people rip the psp look what its capable of doing. the psp is much more powerfull than the nds. I like them both. The psp is no where near sh**. also most people who rip it have not even played more than one game or even in some cases even played a psp at all.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nicely summed up thestump thanks. do you think im stupid coming on gbatemp making 1000+ posts and you think i dont like the nds because i said the psp is powerfull.
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...