Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A genre that seems to be growing on the DS is the Shoot-em-up. This year we have already had the excellent Nanostray 2, sure it was generic but it was fun. The we had the awesome "Space Invaders Extreme" in Japan. Next week we'll have Metal Slug rip off "Commando: Steel Disaster" & in July "Metal Slug 7" is released in Japan. But then what?

This:

Love this music!

Originally an Japanese Arcade game from 2002, this was announced a while back but now a date has finally been announced, October 23rd. At the moment its only for Japan but lets be honest you don't need to know Japanese for this game. So while I wait for this & the others, I'll play some shooters on NeoDS.

ME0000961358_2.jpg
ME0000961357_2.jpg
ME0000961352_2.jpg

ME0000961354_2.jpg
ME0000961356_2.jpg
ME0000961350_2.jpg

ME0000961349_2.jpg
ME0000961348_2.jpg
ME0000961346_2.jpg

ME0000961345_2.jpg
ME0000961344_2.jpg
ME0000961351_2.jpg

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Good
biggrin.gif

I'm a great fan of Cave's shoot-em-up... It's still called Ketsui: Death Label or it's now only Ketsui DS?

Because if it's called "Death Label" it's gonna be a boss-only port of the arcade :/

This happened with Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou. There was a Death Label version which only had the bosses...

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Good
biggrin.gif

I'm a great fan of Cave's shoot-em-up... It's still called Ketsui: Death Label or it's now only Ketsui DS?

Because if it's called "Death Label" it's gonna be a boss-only port of the arcade :/

This happened with Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou. There was a Death Label version which only had the bosses...
It appears to be just Ketsui DS now but it does look a lot like its the same thing.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hadrian said:
raulpica said:
Good
biggrin.gif

It appears to be just Ketsui DS now but it does look a lot like its the same thing.
Yay. Let's hope it's gonna be the full game
ph34r.gif

4ppleseed

Trophies
XP
Country
Considering how much Japanese guys love bullet hell shmups, I'm surprise the DS isn't full of games like this. Not my sorta thing but this is gonna sell gazillionz in Japan.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saw this on Siliconera

"Ketsui puts players inside a helicopter with floating gunpods. Take your pick between the Tiger Schewert (spread shot / slow movement) and the Panzer Jager (straight shot / faster movement) for the single player mode. Once you beat the Ketsui Death Label in a single credit you can film the achievement and send it to another DS owner to watch wirelessly. Ketsui Death Level also includes game sharing, which allows distribution of a trial version of the game.

Other new features besides wireless communication include: a versus model, a training mode and unlockable Evac Reports. There’s the full arcade game in Ketsui Death Label too and a DVD with a power play of the game. This sounds like a sweet package, if it’s the right price. Arika has not announced how much the game will cost. However, we should know well before October 23, the day Ketsui Death Label arrives in Japan. At this time there aren’t any announced plans to bring Ketsui outside of Japan."

So it is called Ketsui Death Label, but also includes the full arcade game too. Perhaps a must have import.

2dere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been watching this on dsfanboy. It looks awesome as far as Shmups I've seen on a handheld but holy shit, that looks way out of my leauge. I'll be surprised if I could pass the first level. So I think this will be something I'll just sit on with the rom. I'm still yet to beat Contra 4 on normal ;(

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
Since I love shoot-em-ups, I'll be playing this for sure...

On another note, I want Touhou DS! Make it happen, Zun!
I was just going to post that!
yaynds.gif
I'm a big fan of the Touhou series (Despite me barely being able to complete them on hard
laugh.gif
) I can't wait for this, I saw it awhile ago on DS Fanboy and was liek O_O

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hyperlisk_ said:
ojsinnerz said:
Since I love shoot-em-ups, I'll be playing this for sure...

On another note, I want Touhou DS! Make it happen, Zun!
I was just going to post that!
yaynds.gif
I'm a big fan of the Touhou series (Despite me barely being able to complete them on hard
laugh.gif
) I can't wait for this, I saw it awhile ago on DS Fanboy and was liek O_O

I'm not a big fan, but a fan. I've only played Imperishable night. But I did beat it on hard without continuing before. I liked it.

buddha-kun

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
touhou sucks and is for weeaboo phags.
real men play Cave shmups...

also.. according to the famitsu article.
QUOTE said:
???????????????DS?????????????? ?????????10?23?????????????

?DS???? ??????????????????2003??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????DVD????????

????????????????? -> While the succession, the work which specializes in boss game.

boss rush only.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't really call this game fun. Dodging millions of bullets on screen by learning fiendish attack patterns. Bring back the 'old' school 2D shooters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr