Ketsui DS - Shoot-em-up

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, May 24, 2008.

1. Hadrian
    OP

Hadrian Better than Craigslist

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    A genre that seems to be growing on the DS is the Shoot-em-up. This year we have already had the excellent Nanostray 2, sure it was generic but it was fun. The we had the awesome "Space Invaders Extreme" in Japan. Next week we'll have Metal Slug rip off "Commando: Steel Disaster" & in July "Metal Slug 7" is released in Japan. But then what?

This:

Love this music!

Originally an Japanese Arcade game from 2002, this was announced a while back but now a date has finally been announced, October 23rd. At the moment its only for Japan but lets be honest you don't need to know Japanese for this game. So while I wait for this & the others, I'll play some shooters on NeoDS.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Good [​IMG]

I'm a great fan of Cave's shoot-em-up... It's still called Ketsui: Death Label or it's now only Ketsui DS?

Because if it's called "Death Label" it's gonna be a boss-only port of the arcade :/

This happened with Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou. There was a Death Label version which only had the bosses...

3. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    It appears to be just Ketsui DS now but it does look a lot like its the same thing.

4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Yay. Let's hope it's gonna be the full game [​IMG]

5. 4ppleseed

4ppleseed GBAtemp Fan

Mar 27, 2007
    London
    Considering how much Japanese guys love bullet hell shmups, I'm surprise the DS isn't full of games like this. Not my sorta thing but this is gonna sell gazillionz in Japan.

6. skarthebloodchild

skarthebloodchild Keep It Old School

Jan 13, 2004
    Greece
    Greece
    A nice game worth to wait [​IMG]

7. armagedalbeebop

armagedalbeebop GBAtemp Regular

Aug 30, 2007
    damn thats nice

8. cosmiccow

cosmiccow Original Hippie

Feb 5, 2008
    Gambia, The
    wow, thats a cool one. cant wait [​IMG]

9. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Feb 10, 2006
    Hong Kong
    *imagines Muchi Muchi Pork and DeathSmiles home ports*

10. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff
    Oct 12, 2004
    Just saw this on Siliconera

"Ketsui puts players inside a helicopter with floating gunpods. Take your pick between the Tiger Schewert (spread shot / slow movement) and the Panzer Jager (straight shot / faster movement) for the single player mode. Once you beat the Ketsui Death Label in a single credit you can film the achievement and send it to another DS owner to watch wirelessly. Ketsui Death Level also includes game sharing, which allows distribution of a trial version of the game.

Other new features besides wireless communication include: a versus model, a training mode and unlockable Evac Reports. There’s the full arcade game in Ketsui Death Label too and a DVD with a power play of the game. This sounds like a sweet package, if it’s the right price. Arika has not announced how much the game will cost. However, we should know well before October 23, the day Ketsui Death Label arrives in Japan. At this time there aren’t any announced plans to bring Ketsui outside of Japan."

So it is called Ketsui Death Label, but also includes the full arcade game too. Perhaps a must have import.

11. 0xyG3N

0xyG3N Banned

Banned
    Jun 5, 2007
    Netherlands
    The graphics looks sucky
    And i dont know this game so, is this kinda nanostray :S

12. 2dere

2dere GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2007
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    I've been watching this on dsfanboy. It looks awesome as far as Shmups I've seen on a handheld but holy shit, that looks way out of my leauge. I'll be surprised if I could pass the first level. So I think this will be something I'll just sit on with the rom. I'm still yet to beat Contra 4 on normal ;(

13. Pizzaroo

Pizzaroo douchebag

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    what is that? like... raiden 36?

14. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    Since I love shoot-em-ups, I'll be playing this for sure...

On another note, I want Touhou DS! Make it happen, Zun!

15. Hyperlisk_

Hyperlisk_ GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I was just going to post that! [​IMG] I'm a big fan of the Touhou series (Despite me barely being able to complete them on hard [​IMG] ) I can't wait for this, I saw it awhile ago on DS Fanboy and was liek O_O

16. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Oct 27, 2007
    Canada
    Canada
    I'm not a big fan, but a fan. I've only played Imperishable night. But I did beat it on hard without continuing before. I liked it.

17. buddha-kun

buddha-kun GBAtemp Regular

May 14, 2003
    Jeju Island
    touhou sucks and is for weeaboo phags.
    real men play Cave shmups...

also.. according to the famitsu article.
    ????????????????? -> While the succession, the work which specializes in boss game.

boss rush only.

18. Hillsy_

Hillsy_ GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2007
    I don't really call this game fun. Dodging millions of bullets on screen by learning fiendish attack patterns. Bring back the 'old' school 2D shooters.

19. swiitness

swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2007
    This looks off the hook man, reminds me of Strikers 1945

20. Yugge

Yugge GBAtemp Regular

Jul 8, 2007
    Sweden
    QFT

Can't wait for Ketsui, the ds really needs more shooters. Nanostray sucks =/