Kernel exploit question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MetroidOtherS, Apr 18, 2016.

1. MetroidOtherS
    OP

MetroidOtherS GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    So im switching my internet provider from att to brighthouse and wont have internet access for a week, is it possible to run the kernel exploit with just a router and computer? (No internet)

2. crwys

crwys GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
  3. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Research self hosting. Usually works better than online anyway

4. MrRean

MrRean WiiU Helper / Hacker

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    well if you depend on others, yes.

If you self-host, no, since you really are just connecting to it rather than an external server (like google, or something of the sorts)

MetroidOtherS likes this.
  5. yahoo

yahoo G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ

Aug 4, 2014
    United States
    Just incase it's not obvious, prior to self hosting, and while you still have internet, you will need to download the exploit and apps you want to execute when you don't have internet.

Last edited by yahoo, Apr 18, 2016
    MetroidOtherS likes this.
  6. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    as all the others above have said , self host , grab the files needed and research it while you have internet .

a side note : i always insist on same day change overs when switching ISP's dont they offer that?

7. digiw0rx

digiw0rx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    I don't know if the US have MAC codes etc to switch providers like we do in the UK.

8. pbanj

pbanj The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    in a ziploc
    Ya you give the isp the mac address of the modem so they can add it to your account

9. digiw0rx

digiw0rx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    In this instance mac stands for "Migration Authorisation Code" its a code an ISP issues in the UK, that you give to the new UK and in theory you have no down time whatsoever, the transition is all done behind the scenes.

OctopusRift and pbanj like this.
  10. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    But the MAC code isnt usually carried out by the client its more done completely behind the scenes by the ISP's , in my experience anyways i just request a same day change over no down time..Usually stating it would effect my business and insist..

11. MetroidOtherS
    OP

MetroidOtherS GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2014
    United States
    I dont think same day is even possible, and I think its gonna be more than a week honestly, but ive tried it before on my mac with mongoose and it worked just fine, but now it wont even run.