Hacking Keep using dsTWO with Gateway 3DS installed?

glenjj14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, hope this is in the right section, if not then sorry, please move it.

Anyway, I recently got a gateway, it's running on the most recent firmware "omega", multirom works great, no issues.

But before i updated it it sort of glitched out and wouldnt boot gateway mode anymore after I tried to play my dsTWO for DS games, but once I updated the firmware and redid the blue card hack it works again, but now I dont want to use dsTWO/normal cartriges for fear of glitching it again

So what steps/process to I take to use both Gateway and dsTWO/normal cartriges without issues?

Cheers

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It didn't glitch, that's how it works.

Play a DS game and it wipes the exploit.

If you want to use the dstwo and Gateway, then you have to put up with it. Every time you use the dstwo or a ds game, you will have to reinstall the exploit.

Reactions: glenjj14

glenjj14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well that's a shame.
What's the deal with using the blue card to play DS games? or will that wipe it anyway as well?

glenjj14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, well at least the DSTwo card works all the way up to 7.1? if one was so inclined to own two DS XLs lol

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really a big deal, though. As you know, the exploit takes seconds to install. At most, it'd delay your launching of Gateway mode by ~15-25 seconds. And as Armadillo said, you only really have to install the exploit anytime you play DS games and want to be able to play 3DS games again. If you're anything like me, you won't really go back and forth between DS and 3DS games too often, so it's not really that much of an annoyance.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you can install the exploit using the DStwo, just copy the gatewayinstaller.nds from the blue card on to the card and run it once you finish playing your DS games

glenjj14

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah shouldnt be a big issue, I was just worried about conflicts that may brick the 3ds, but apparently that's not an issue, its just a small annoyance, but yeah I'll just deal with that and wont swap often, cheers for the info guys.
And I'll keep that trick in mind, cheers gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work