Gaming K101 up for preorder!

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is tough while making our own device. We got so many problems that we never think about. But everything is going on well now. And we will try our best to bring you this device. To let you know our real work on this device, we will upload you guys how we made the Revo K101' mother board:

Thanks for your understanding.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I have a very tough question, these things are made to last, right? sorry, lots of good things are made in China, but sometimes is safe to ask.
Not really. It is a process of making the mother board of Revo K101. There are still many works for making a device. Yes, there are many electronics devices are made in China. People in the factory work like that machine you seen- busy and strict! Hope this video can let you guys know another aspect of Revo K101.

sukoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@NoahJacobMayen, Don't forget English is not Ruilong's mother language (same for me, and same for you i presume since you're from Mexico).

I think the devices are made to last, don't worry. The video show professional grade motherboard markings being processed. Swear me, this video confirmed myself in the trust i gave to K Team.

@Ruilong, thanks for sharing the video, i'll be happy to see more ! (Plastic molding for example is really interesting and impressive).

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
The latest news for Revo K101 on 2nd, November 2012. The package had been finished. Check the design as below and we hope you love it:

Revo-k101-package-M.jpg

Looks nicer than the dingoo packaging. Well done ruilong.

NoahJacobMayen

VanFanel1980mx
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@NoahJacobMayen, Don't forget English is not Ruilong's mother language (same for me, and same for you i presume since you're from Mexico).

I think the devices are made to last, don't worry. The video show professional grade motherboard markings being processed. Swear me, this video confirmed myself in the trust i gave to K Team.

@Ruilong, thanks for sharing the video, i'll be happy to see more ! (Plastic molding for example is really interesting and impressive).
Yeah, I think the question may have been lost in translation...

Sloggy McMushrooms

Liker of Games.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I Have a few questions. 1. Will it play Gameboy/Gameboy Color cartridges? 2. will it be able to link up to Gameboy advance/ Gameboy advance SP's?

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really made to last? OK, now I am worried, but I spent my money already so let this be a lesson for me...
I think you may mis-understand me. I apologize for this. The video is just showing you guys the processing of making mother board for Revo K101. It is the most important part of it. And we took this video to let you guys know how Revo K101 made. We had made out all mother board. And we are resemble this device now.

Everything is going well now. And we will release this device soon. For any situation, we will post on GBAtemp and our website. Stay tune on it.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Have a few questions. 1. Will it play Gameboy/Gameboy Color cartridges? 2. will it be able to link up to Gameboy advance/ Gameboy advance SP's?
Revo K101 is a device that can play all Gameboy/Gameboy Color emulation games. It is not the original GBA. It can play game emulation games very well, but we can not make sure play all Gameboy/Gameboy Color cartridges well. Yes, it can be linked to the Gameboy advance/ Gameboy via the multi-link cable. Make sure you use the same version of the game when you do that.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia

they lack the gb/gbc hardware, you will not be able to use those carts on this system. you can emulate those games with goomba and goomba color. the k101 revo is essentially the same hardware as the k1 gba sp. during review testing i was able to enjoy 2-player games between the k1 gba sp and a real gba sp. the issue seems to come down to the type of link cable used.

-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest news for Revo on 5th, Nov 2o12. The package is out, and Revo is near to us. Check the pictures of the real package as below:

Revo-K101-package-3.jpg

Revo-K101-package-2.jpg

Revo-K101-package-1.jpg

And the more details inside the package- we used the hard plastic bag to pack the Revo K101 devices inside the above carton box, which will protect it stratched. Hope you love it:

Revo-K101-with-plastic-bag.jpg

At the same time, we show you the "naked" case that are going to be resemble:

Revo-k101-case.jpg

Revo k101- You deserve own one!

NoahJacobMayen

VanFanel1980mx
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is looking good! BTW Ruilong it looks like my question was subject to mistranslation since you are not naturally english speaking, what I was asking basically was if the product was made to be durable (you know, sometimes even the original stuff gets the usual wasted buttons which stop responding and so on), I couldn't expect it to be made of "nintendium" but I think you know what I mean, in any case, someone else already pointed out how the process shown in the video is not the usual chinese sweatshop so I am not that worried now.

Keep up the good work, I WANT MY REVO!!

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but it's about time I was getting a little impatient but now i'm excited. Ruilong I have a question will there be a k- card and homebrew support for the game.Com clone?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
both of their systems (k1 gba sp, k101 revo) require the k-card and can play most homebrew. during k1 gba sp testing, it was discovered that lots of gba projects require a header fix before they work, others simply refuse to work. unless they have fixed many of my initial review complaints, i would expect the system to be released with about a 85% homebrew compatibility. that number is my own based on the k1 gba sp testing. i have no idea if the k101 revo will feature updates, a new firmware, etc.

in regards to homebrew, i hand picked a collection of games that should come already on the included msd card. however, that card is only included for pre-orders. the games were header fixed and then tested. i recall that i submitted right around 43 files @ 93 MB.

-another world

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No offense but it's about time I was getting a little impatient but now i'm excited. Ruilong I have a question will there be a k- card and homebrew support for the game.Com clone?
Thanks for your question. I am sorry that I do not know exactly what is " game.Com clone". Do you mean those GBA emulation games? I think we may got different sayings for the same games. Just tell me the exactly games you want to test.

Every Revo K101 will come with one K-card. This card is especial for Revo K101, and it can not be bought seperately.

By the way, I think Another world had replied some of the games he tested for K1.

@Another world

Thanks for your prompt reply for questions threw here. The homebrew that you sent to me includes 43 files @ 90.2 MB. We will install them to the Revo k101 and ship to people who place their pre-order for it. At the same time, we will deliver one unit to you for reviewed.

alexei_gp

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks ruilong for all your work and get in touch to the people have the preorder.I like the new design of the revo k101 its very cool and better than the dingo a320.I send you a private message for some questions of my order.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ruilong for all your work and get in touch to the people have the preorder.I like the new design of the revo k101 its very cool and better than the dingo a320.I send you a private message for some questions of my order.
My friend, I just replied your message. Feel free to get back to us if you need any more help.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol