JXD S7800 vs. GPD XD for emulation

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Heitomos, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Heitomos
    OP

Heitomos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    Canada
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this, but I'm looking for a handheld emulation device, and all my research seems to point to these two.

My questions are this: Are they good? Which one might be better than the other? Any you would recommend over these two?

I'm not looking for a phone solution, since those can get too expensive with my carrier. I'm looking to play from NES to PS1/N64, and possibly PSP.

I'm also looking for a safe place to buy them from. Safe meaning I'll actually get it, easy replacement in case of DOA, etc...

Edit: The GPD Q9 I've also heard is good, and I like the shape more.

Last edited by Heitomos, Sep 29, 2015
  2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    how a "smartphone" is different from a normal phone for your carrier? i mean, how and why it does get expensive?

a psp is also good idea... you can play ps1 games almost natively... (sony made an emulator for ps1 games)
    not sure about N64 emulation thought, but a psp is affordable.. but compared to the possibilities a tablet can offer... and the fact a psp has only L R and 1 analogic button

3. Heitomos
    OP

Heitomos Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2014
    Canada
    Most good phones around here are 300-500$ according to my carrier (or a 30$/month increase on my monthly bill), which is the only one I have around.

As for a PSP, the cheapest I found one is 220$ USD online, or ones that seemed very used.