Damned
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My first IEM/In-Ear monitor/earphones that I've purchased that costs over 50 bucks. These phones have been getting a lot of praise from Head-fi, possibly the biggest audiophile forum around. I was in need of new phones, as I had to endure 10 dollar sony earbuds for quite a while. I intended to purchase the Audio Technica ESW9s, but my parents refused to let me spent my own money, so I had to go with this, which is just as good, I suppose.

2009-06-21-04-37-47__victor-hp-fx500-1.jpg

I've been a member of Head-fi for over a year, as well as being part of a small DAP enthusiast site for over 3 years. However, this is my first purchase since my Koss Porta Pros, which was unfortunately lost last year. However, after a long time of saving up, I managed to purchase these.

Surprisingly, even though these have been shipped from Japan (As these wooden earphones are not sold internationally, and in Japan only) it took only 6 days. For a Canadian Standard, that's very VERY fast. Most Canadian stores take 2 weeks to arrive, so great shipping speed.

The packaging is very small, with ear tips, a carrying case, and an extension cord. Rather typical, but still beats having nothing at all.

As for the IEMs themselves, they're built very well, with a thin looking cord. However, the cord itself feels very durable, despite it's lacking look. The casing feels solid, albeit it doesn't feel like wood, but as it's so small and it can't be helped. The sound itself, is pretty good, with a ton of quality bass, good clarity, and has an impressive sound stage already. Many have told me that these are bass heavy phones, but in my experience, they're nowhere near the level of the portapros, so it's fine. Most of the tracks I've played sounded impressive, and had me smiling, and was overall very satisfied with the purchase. The bass seems to go very deep, and it just sounds natural and realistic. Listening to the beginning of "A Nightmare To Remember", the thunders felt powerful, and sounded realisitc.

In my opinion, they're 140 dollars well spent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out