Just wondering

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by LapisLazuli, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

Just wondering by LapisLazuli at 6:32 AM (836 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. LapisLazuli
    OP

Member LapisLazuli Thrills, chills, kills!

United States
  2. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    I have the 500gb Freeagent Go, and it works flawlessly. I got it on sale for $109.99 at Bestbuy, and it I got the dock & leather case bundle for free. If you get the Seagate, follow these tips in order.

Install Seagate Manager software (comes loaded on the drive) to your PC. If for some reason you delete or can't find the software, you can download it on Seagate's website. Connect your drive, and let windows fully recognize it, assigning it a proper drive letter. Then use Seagate Manager to set the power saving/standby to NEVER (now your drive will never fall asleep or freeze). Download the free program Compuapps Swissknife, and use it to format the drive to FAT32. Download WBFS Manager 3.0 and install to your PC. Open WBFS Manager, plug in your drive, press "refresh drive list," and select your drive letter from the pull-down list. Then press FORMAT, to make your FAT32 partition into WBFS. I strongly suggest adding a game using your PC first if possible, so drag an iso into the right hand box and select add. Plug it into your Wii, pick a loader, and it should work perfectly with no spin down or errors.

I highly recommend the Seagate Freeagent Go series to everyone. I have bought three now, and have no problems/compatibility issues at all.

3. bazamuffin

Member bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

United Kingdom
    I probably spend more time hacking than playing as well. Me thinks we are not alone as well!

4. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    This exact thread asking about this exact device has been made about 15 times, and everyone has always said it was great.

I'm usually not one for the whole "use the search function", but you already annoyed me with such a vague topic title. In future, can you call your topic like... "Seagate Freeagent Go with USB loaders?" or something? It's really annoying when someone posts a thread that could be about ANYTHING and then you click it and it's shite that's been posted a zillion times.

5. Moose13

Member Moose13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a freeagent go that I have not tried with the loaders (nor will I).

My freeagent Go uses a "Y" USB cable, so it would take up BOTH USB ports.
    I think this is the case with all the Go series drives.

If this is the case, you'll never be able to play Mic games, or use any additional USB devices (chargers, ethernet adapter, etc.). Somethign to think about before purchasing the drive.

6. dsfanatic5

Member dsfanatic5 Team ICO Freak

United States
    My 500gb Freeagent Go came packaged with a single usb to usb-mini cable, and it works flawlessly with the loaders. Only my docking station (sold separately) has a Y cable, and works just fine with the "extra power" cable unconnected. There's nothing special about Freeagent drives that makes them need a Y cable, and it doesn't even come with one. Sorry, but your info is completely untested, and wrong.