Just wonder why PSX ??

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by Duero, May 29, 2010.

May 29, 2010

Just wonder why PSX ?? by Duero at 4:39 AM (1,857 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Duero
    OP

Newcomer Duero Advanced Member

Taiwan
    I wonder why the The PS/PS one is also referred as PSX when the PSX is a whole own console ??

PSX is a console never released outside japan and was a playstation consoles that played both ps one and ps2 games.

[​IMG]

I jut wonder I started to think about it when I was looking for PS games for my psp.

Wird [​IMG]

2. Hogmeister

Member Hogmeister GBAtemp Regular

United States
    the name PSX existed before that device did... the original playstation was commonly called PSX prior to even playstation 2. i thought it was strange when all of a sudden the name PSX vanished with PS One and then Playstation 2 to be honest.

apparantly it was called PSX during development and it just stuck to the system (have to figure there were emulators being coded that used the PSX branding before that device even made light of day) but thats still neat to see what sony did w/ that and i kind of want one of them now [​IMG]

a DVR on top of the PS2 hardware.. can even be linked w/ PSP's thats some cool stuff.. shame it never took off

3. Duero
    OP

Taiwan
    aah okey thanks allot for the info

4. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    I'm sure PS10 will be shorthanded to PSX as well - don't think too much about it.

5. Njrg

Banned Njrg Kinsoku Jikou Desu. ^.~

United States
    This brings back memories...

I have a feeling that future PS3's or PS4's, as well as Next-gen Xbox will be much like that particular PSX.

PS3, 360, and Wii are thinking small with Netflix and Facebook. I expect future consoles to be the all-in-one solution for digital/high definition entertainment. It would not surprise me in the least if there were a future PS3 or PS4 that will be able to run my Direct TV or cable subscription without having to switch the video output channel.

6. KDH

Member KDH GBAtemp Regular

United States
    PSX = PlayStation EXperiment, the original PlayStartion's code name either before or after (maybe both? Can't remember right now) Nintendo dropped out of their deal with Sony, where the PlayStation would have been just a CD-ROM addon for the SNES.

The reason Sony called that super PS2 you posted a picture of the PSX as well, was likely celebrate their success.

7. Duero
    OP

Taiwan
    ahh okey nah for me PS one will alwaus be PS slim and PS will simply be PS hehe ^^

8. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    I hate it when they still call it PSX.

It's PS, PS1 or PSOne.

9. Sao Mortel

Member Sao Mortel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada