Hardware Just updated to B9S - Black Screen with Pokemon Moon!!!! Help?!

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just updated and have been playing moon. Now I've been shiny breeding, or attempting to. And one time, when it said "...oh?" (as in an egg was about to hatch), it went to a black screen (it should only do this for half a second before transitioning to the next "hatching" screen) but it stayed black for about 4-5 minutes straight... then went to that screen...

Well, it happened again, but it has been 10-14 minutes this time and it's STILL black, and I HAVEN'T SAVED, so I'm really scared to turn it off.

Can someone help me fix this fucking shit so I don't completely fuck up my game?? This is REALLY destroying my experience and affecting my shiny-hatching. I don't want to have to turn it off this time and lose ALL THAT FUCKING shiny hunt data... Thanks...

(is it a RAM error? It feeeeeeels like a memory error of some sort... I'm using the CIA. It worked PERFECTLY before updating to B9S... I'm currently VERY infuriated and VERY stressed due to personal things in life, with adds to the aggrivation, so any help ASAP would be super. Thank you.)

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very worried because this isn't normal, and I don't want to not be able to play pokemon moon anymore because of this happening periodically. Please help, guys...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I reset it. UGH. I couldn't fix that. So does the soft swap thing mean that I'd have to AT LEAST hunt a pokemon (via medusa) THAT many times again, at least??

Guys, I really need a help to this problem. I can't play unless this is fixed. Please help.

XXII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm sorry I am not able to help you, but I have seen a lot of people having problems since they updated on b9s 1.2 + Luma 8. Things like extended memory games not booting correctly, crashes when exiting the SD data management, problems with game plugins, some homebrews not supported anymore with the new Homebrew (boot.3ds), etc ...

I would suggest you to reference your problem with as much details as possible on the Luma github : https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/issues

I'm still on Luma 7.1 and I have zero problem. If it can help other people I would say it's better to wait a bit more before updating, the latest version seems a bit instable or at least is conflicting with some functions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1