Hacking Just Sold 2DS XL with CFW, Couple Questions

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello:

I recently bought a brand new 2DS XL and installed CFW, Homebrew, etc successfully. A day after I bought it, I found a great deal on a brand new 3DS XL, and I really wanted the 3D feature and better build quality.

So I sold my 2DS on eBay this morning and bought the 3DS. But I'm brand new to the 3DS system as a whole, so I had some questions:

1. Is there any important personal info stored on the device that I should delete before shipping it off? (I did buy SODOKU on the eShop, so I am a bit concerned about my credit card info being stored somewhere)
2. Can the buyer use his Nintendo account with the device while keeping the CFW? If so, how is this done?
3. Can/should I delete my account before shipping it? Or would this get rid of the CFW/games?

If there are any other steps I should take before I send it off, please let me know. Thank you!

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik, the only personal information is tied to your NNID/Nintendo Account, so all you have to do is remove it. Once you remove it, your buyer will be able to link it to their own NNID and use it as usual.
The steps to do remove your own while keeping everything intact are in this website, under the heading "Removing an NNID without formatting your device."
https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting

Reactions: mranonymous

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Just do this:
-System transfer from that to your new system to get your NNID and games linked to it (eg: Sudoku to use in getting CFW on the new system of yours)
-System format on the one you selling (wipes all data that involves your NNID and everything while retaining CFW)
-Get CFW on your new system and sell the old one

As for your questions...
1- There is as long as you have your NNID linked to it, but credit card info is only present if you selected the option to keep the credentials saved when purchasing Sudoku
2- Yes, just link their account after formatting the system or they can make a new one
3- System transfer will transfer your NNID and games to the new system of yours, so no need to worry. Just remember to format the system after too for good measure.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik, the only personal information is tied to your NNID/Nintendo Account, so all you have to do is remove it. Once you remove it, your buyer will be able to link it to their own NNID and use it as usual.
The steps to do remove your own while keeping everything intact are in this website, under the heading "Removing an NNID without formatting your device."

Exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for the quick reply and info!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just do this:
-System transfer from that to your new system to get your NNID and games linked to it (eg: Sudoku to use in getting CFW on the new system of yours)
-System format on the one you selling (wipes all data that involves your NNID and everything while retaining CFW)

As for your questions...
1- There is as long as you have your NNID linked to it, but credit card info is only present if you selected the option to keep the credentials saved when purchasing Sudoku
2- Yes, just link their account after formatting the system or they can make a new one
3- System transfer will transfer your NNID and games to the new system of yours, so no need to worry. Just remember to format the system after too for good measure.

Thanks for the info!

In the first step ("System transfer from that to your new system to get your NNID and games linked to it"), does that mean I can basically pre-install all of my games to the new system so I don't need to re-download them after I install CFW on it?

Also, I am a little worried about the system format on the one I'm selling. Is there a possibility for me to screw this up and delete CFW by mistake?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also, I am a little worried about the system format on the one I'm selling. Is there a possibility for me to screw this up and delete CFW by mistake?
You can't delete cfw by mistake. You'll lose FBI, Luma updater and other apps though, so you have to follow the finalizing setup part of the guide if you want them back.

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do this:

One more question - sorry to bother.

Would you say that installing bootstrap via the Save/Game Injection with 2 devices is easier/quicker than the Seedminer way?

I used Seedminer for the 2DS so I'm familiar with it, which is good. However, the need to bug people on Discord for movable.sed isn't my favorite thing, lol. I just browsed through the instructions of the Save/Game Injection method using 2 devices and there seem to be a lot of steps involved, but I can't really gauge which method is more efficient.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
One more question - sorry to bother.

Would you say that installing bootstrap via the Save/Game Injection with 2 devices is easier/quicker than the Seedminer way?

I used Seedminer for the 2DS so I'm familiar with it, which is good. However, the need to bug people on Discord for movable.sed isn't my favorite thing, lol. I just browsed through the instructions of the Save/Game Injection method using 2 devices and there seem to be a lot of steps involved, but I can't really gauge which method is more efficient.
It's a LOT faster and does the system transfer too, so that's 2 birds with one stone, just go for it. However, little tip, the movable.sed of the new system will become the same as it was in the old system after you system transfer, so you can use SeedMiner with the exact same files you used for the first one, meaning you won't have to bug anyone, you already have the file:P

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a LOT faster and does the system transfer too, so that's 2 birds with one stone, just go for it. However, little tip, the movable.sed of the new system will become the same as it was in the old system after you system transfer, so you can use SeedMiner with the exact same files you used for the first one, meaning you won't have to bug anyone, you already have the file:P

Okay great, seems like this is the way to go. And good to hear about the movable.sed! Thank you once more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, i have intel +1