Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just got myself a 360 from my older bro, it's one of the first HDMI models, and is absent of the casing. Basically the DVD drive won't turn on, it's like power isn't getting to the DVD drive. I've tried 3 different drives with no result, also tried switching SATA cables and still nothing. The fans power on and everything else seems to be working on it. So what's the basic problem? And is it easily fixable?

0ddity

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you can, try plugging in the power from a PC's power supply and turning on the PC, then turning on the xbox. If it works then, could be a bad xbox psu.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
Well within my 10 minutes of searching I've found that I don't have any PC PSU's with the right connector. Any other ideas?

Uhm. If a disc drive doesn't have the right keys flashed to it, would it still power on? Anyway, are you getting a E** Error? If not, and you can boot to the dash, I'd resort to the old non-jtag method. At least until you can solve your dilemma.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know it would, but it'd give you an error code instead of going to the dash...I think. But there are no errors and it boots to the dash. I was thinking about doing just that, just gotta get either a transfer cable or a 16GB USB flash drive.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0ddity said:
If you can, try plugging in the power from a PC's power supply and turning on the PC, then turning on the xbox. If it works then, could be a bad xbox psu.
the 360 dvd drive power connector is priority and isnt standard molex or sata power

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Got another power connector, everything now powers up fine! But now I have to find the right DVD drive with the right drive key. (I got 3 different DVD drives with it -.-) The particular one plugged in now isn't it, so I suppose it's one of the other two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-