Hacking Just ordered an R4

BrendaNakam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi! I'm new here and I just ordered a R4 DS off eBay with a 1 GB Japanese Kingston Micro SD card ( did my research )
I heard about the DealExtreme deal but ya know, I decided to go for the no wait decision.

Anyway I hope this forum will help me gt the most out of my R4!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're gonna LOVE it! Trust me.

This place has been an valuable source of info for me when I got my R4. I'm sure everyone here will help you too with any questions.

Congrats on our purchase.

Wonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there!
I'm new too and I just ordered a R4 from Dealextreme
biggrin.gif

I prefer paying less but to wait longer for it!

I hope I did the right choice to buy a R4
yaynds.gif

Oh.. and I just got a Toshiba 1go microSD from Ebay. Toshiba (made in Japan) are reliable, are they?
I can't test the speed because my SD reader doesn't work anymore ¬_¬

lildaz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear that u bought an r4, I am still waiting for mines to come in from dealextreme, I am rethinking if i should of paid extra also to get it faster, but its too late.

sien916

Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't hold out for the M3 Real any longer so I just ordered an R4 too!
smile.gif

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts here. You guys post a lot of good information for people who are new to the scene like me.

I bought a 1GB Kingston from NewEgg for $13.56 shipped ($2.00 off code from their newsletter). I got lucky and got a Japan-made card.

I ordered my R4 from RealHotStuff with a 5% off code posted here. It ended up being $46.45 shipped. They processed my order within an hour of me placing it! Looks like it'll be here quick.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions once I get my R4 in. Thanks to everyone for being so helpful
smile.gif

Lurick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You definitely won't be disappointed. It is BY FAR the easiest mod-type console thing I've ever had to use. It really is as easy as drag-and-drop.

I recently bought an M3 Perfect Lite, for example, in order to play GBA games, and just have a slot-2 around. Once I managed to get everything set up, it's very nice to have, but it was about ten times harder than the R4 to get everything on it working properly ... plus, it's slower.

And this was one of the "easier" slot-2 solutions in its time!

R4 is friggin' easy, and friggin' good. Enjoy it.

Mod_Revolution

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you are gonna love the R4DS i have one with a 2g sandisk microSD card and it rocks. The R4DS was better then i expected when i first bought one. I shortly after became an authorized retailer of the R4DS, Thats how much i like it
bow.gif

you can check out my website ModRevolution.com for more info on us and the R4DS
yaynds.gif
also beware of the Fake R4DS dont be fooled by imatation
lecture.gif

sandman2nd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st post! I just inherited my girlfriend's brother's red ds and I just bought an R4 from dealextreme. I am sooo anxious! I can't wait for it to come in... I just got a Wii too and am waiting for a way to play my backups using a solder-less method.

As for the R4, I really bought it to play my old nintendo/super nintendo games. I've been searching the forums for help but I can't seem to find a end-all, be-all guide for playing NES and it looks like no hope for SNES or Genesis? Am I just not looking in the right place?

Any links or forum threads would be great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay