Just ordered 10 dstti cards need help

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by soopa, Dec 16, 2009.

Dec 16, 2009
  1. soopa
    OP

Member soopa GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I recently bought 10 dstti mod cards from dealextreme for family members xmas .

I programed all the micros the same way with latest software, and I get only 1 that comes up FAKE DSTTi CARD.

What do I do about this?
    I will be contacting dealextreme for sure

Is there a way to still program this one?
    Is it useable in any way?
    Someone loses out on a xmas gift as of now, can someone shed some light on this for me thanks

2. Ultralex

Member Ultralex GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    JUst use the unofficial loaders from ashley.
    They are even better then the original.

3. soopa
    OP

Canada
    And where would I find that at

4. Wanderer509

Newcomer Wanderer509 Member

Canada
    read the stickied DSTT faq first. personally i dont think it matters if the DSTT is fake or genuine, as the latest unofficial firmware by ashley supports both (to the best of my knowledge).

so even if its fake, u can still use ashley's firmware (which is more current than DSTT official ones)

5. soopa
    OP

Canada
    Ok now this is really weird
    I loaded ahsleys latest firmware v12 and it still says the same thing
    FAKE DSTTi CARD!

Im gonna reformat the micro and load everything again and see what happens
    if anyone has anything input that might help let me hear it.

6. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

IT WILL ALWAYS BE A FAKE CARD!

Ashley's firmware does not make a fake card into a real card! ....It simply has the FAKE CARD KILLER code removed so you can use the latest NDSTT firmware without it killing your FAKE or CLONE card off (The TTDS team added code to their new firmwares from version 16 onwards...they also went back and added it to the previous version 15 firmware to kill these fake TTDS cards!) [​IMG]

7. soopa
    OP

Canada
    so your telling me the card is no good?

I only loaded the ashleys 17a firmware all other cards worked fine just this one.
    I can take the micro out of this card and play it fine in the other DSTTi cards I have

no matter what firmware I load on this micro to use in the DSTTi it shows up FAKE DSTTi CARD
    was this card killed by the clone killer?

8. kobykaan

United Kingdom

The card should be fine just use ashley's firmware (from the recommended thread on here!) and don't get it from anywhere else!

If you have already used original firmware and your card shows signs of fading or dying then use the fake killer fix to revive your card and from then on use Ashley's kernel!

9. soopa
    OP

Canada
    ok thanks Ill give it a try later tonight and go from there.
    thanks for all the help

10. kobykaan

United Kingdom
    additional when I say it kills the card I mean the TTDS card not the Micro SD [​IMG]

there is more info on this in the TTDS section along with the latest versions of Ashley's firmware and the Fake card fix [​IMG]

11. soopa
    OP

Canada
    As soon as I load the dstti in the ds it says FAKE DSTTI card right away I cant go to anything else?
    any ideas

I also tried the dstt flash writer and still nothing. Says Not supported device

12. lolzed

Member lolzed The GBAtemp Pichu

Philippines
    no,who cares if its fake or not?sure maybe it would break down soon but you got 10 [​IMG].as long as you use a12(or any of ashley's firmware)you're good to go

13. soopa
    OP

Canada
    no matter what firmware of ashleys I use it still comes up saying fake dstti card with a black screen
    I can no go any further with the card nothing seems to work.

I even tried using a new card to clone fix the broken one and still it wont let me do anything

I think I fried the card completely

14. foxgrey

Member foxgrey GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The way I understand it, fixing a card that has been fake killed can be a total pain. I copied this from the new DSTT card faq.

If your DSTT may have been destroyed by fake-killer firmware, try these steps:
    1.Backup the files on your microSD card, and use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4003
    2.Grab the unofficial 1.17a02 (fake-killer disabled) menu from here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6507
    3.Copy the "TTMENU" folder and "TTMENU.DAT" file that are in the "English" folder to your microSD card.
    4.Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086
    5.Copy "DsttFlashChecker.nds", "DsttFlashWriter.nds", and "DSTTDUMP.BIN" from the archive to your microSD card.
    6.Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.
    7.Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.
    8.Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.
    9.Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT. Note: if your flash cart was destroyed by the fake-killer firmware, it may take several tries before you can get it to boot up or run DsttFlashWriter. In some cases, it won't run at all, in which case you'll need to install "DsttFlashWriter.nds" and "DSTTDUMP.BIN" onto a working flash cart (it doesn't have to be a DSTT), run DsttFlashWriter and then remove the working flash cart and insert the killed DSTT before doing the restore (WARNING: if you don't switch them, you could potentially destroy your working flash cart).
    10.You should be able to run your games now. You can delete "DsttFlashChecker.nds", "DsttFlashWriter.nds", and "DSTTDUMP.BIN" from your microSD card if you want.
    11.Always keep the following in mind:
    ?Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
    ?Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
    ?Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
    ?Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
    ?Keep a backup of all the files that are on your microSD card. Backup your .sav files often.
    ?Make sure you don't use the official "TTMENU.DAT" (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
    If the above doesn't work, you probably have a hardware problem. It could be your microSD card reader, your microSD card, or your DSTT. Try using a different microSD card reader. If that doesn't work, try a different microSD card. If that doesn't work, you should return your flash cart where you got it from. There is no good way to fix a contact or other hardware problem, but if you have a contact problem sometimes paper or cardboard inserted alongside the back of the DSTT can help push the DSTT towards the NDS contacts and can help them make better contact.

I just bolded the section I thought might help!

15. soopa
    OP

Canada
    Ok Im going to try and explain this the best to my ability for everyone maybe Im not saying what is needed to help me.(I will try to get a video later today and show exactly what Im doing.)

I first loaded the dstti card with ashleys 17a07 firmware--- all 10 mod cards
    I then put a "Games" folder on the root of micro-- added like 3 games to check and see if it works
    9 cards worked fine no problems
    I insert it in my DS Lite and Phat press A on the health screen.
    Goes to where I can choose my DS port or GBA port to play the game
    Where the nds game shows up its Star Wars Lethal Alliance even though its my dstti mod card
    I press A on that and it comes up Dstti FAKE CARD on the bottom screen and the top screen is white with a ds card with fake on the inside.

FOX GREY: I already tried that and it comes up NOT SUPPORTED DEVICE so I have no clue

16. lukands

Member lukands I took the little bus here

Estonia
    SOOPA.
    Are you in the GTA part of Canada?

17. soopa
    OP

Canada
    no im in the southern part of ontario (Windsor)

From reading more and looking at videos I would have to say I bricked the dstti card.
    is there a way to fix this?

18. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    can't you just report it as a DOA so they will send you a new one?

19. soopa
    OP

Canada
    I did but im still waiting to hear from them.

I have 1 dstti card that comes up fake everytime
    and I have other 1 now that doesnt even show up on the ds

20. EnnEss

Banned EnnEss Banned

United States
    DealExtreme DOES sell cheap crap and fake stuff, so the only thing you can order is an AceKard2i since there aren't any fake AceKards anyway.

Well, since you already ordered those. And 10 of them too! I just suggest you wait for DealExtreme to reply.

Also, contact the DSTT company about this issue.

I know this isn't much help, but it's the best I got....

Have a great time and a Merry Tempmas! [​IMG]