just modded usa black wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by som3r3tard, May 10, 2010.

May 10, 2010
  1. som3r3tard
    OP

Newcomer som3r3tard Newbie

United States
    its on system menu 4.2u but when the sports resort game is in the drive it is asking for an update. wht do i do to be able to play that game through the disk channal again? the usb loader is working great. but cant play the original game through the disk channal any suggestions thanks in advance

2. H.K.

Newcomer H.K. Member

Greece
    just go to priiloader (ex preloader) by restarting the wii, on the boot hold pressed power and reset,now you should be in the priiloader,there you can go to system menu hacks and enable the option to block disk updates.that's all.

3. MarioMan181

Newcomer MarioMan181 Advanced Member

United States
    Well when I first softmodded my wii on 4.2, I wanted to play New Super Mario Bros. Wii, and I also had that wii disc update. Then one guy told me to go to wiibrew.org and download StartPatch 4.2, and I put it on my apps folder. Then I went to the homebrew channel, loaded the app and i then press a button and I clicked on "block disc updates". Then I saved and after that I could play New Super Mario Bros. Wii. But I don't know if it would work for you but try and if something goes bad, do not blame this on me cause any thing done on your wii is not held responsible by me. So try out the startpatch and tell me if anything changes.

4. som3r3tard
    OP

United States
    when i goto that menu i get cant find hacks.ini on fat device and cant find hacks .ini on nand

5. H.K.

Newcomer H.K. Member

Greece
    when you installed priiloader it was created the hacks.ini in the sd card you used to softmod your wii, just put the sd card in the slot and retry.(at the end before leaving priiloader save the changes)

6. som3r3tard
    OP

United States
    thanks H.K. must have transfered the .ini file when i removed the nand backup from my sd card.