just got supercard dstwo plus

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by fst312, Dec 1, 2015.

1. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Its been a long time since I posted here and I just got my supercard dstwo plus and I'm wondering if it can support 128GB microsd card before i buy one. I'm thinking about either getting Samsung or SanDisk or if none of these work, I would like to know one that works. I did see another thread here with users saying they have an 64-128GB microsd but the thing is the supercard dstwo plus didn't come out yet at the time that thread was made. My 3DS at this time can't play 3DS games since my version is at 9.9.0-26U but I'm sure sooner or later gateway will come out with an update and i just want to have the right microsd card when that happens. I'm only mentioning gateway because alot flash carts copy gateway.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...kCFQsjHwodmm8Pvw&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&A=details&Q=

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...Dnu8kCFU6QHwodTLMCSA&is=REG&ap=y&A=details&Q=

2. wiiNinja

wiiNinja GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2009
    United States
    If I were you, I would just buy a 16GB or 32GB at most and save some money because your 9.9 fw can only handle DS games with DSTwo+. There's no guarantee that DSTwo+ or Gateway will EVER be able to handle anything greater than the current 9.2 fw. Maybe save the extra bucks toward a Sky3DS, then at least you can play "some" 3ds games.

fst312 likes this.
  3. Wekker

Wekker GBAtemp Fan

Aug 4, 2007
    Netherlands
    read this thread before you console get fucked by gatecrap.

4. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    To be honest, if you're buying a bigger microSD in preparation for when it can eventually support >9.2, you're better off waiting until you actually need it, because flash memory just keeps getting cheaper. You'll most likely save money by waiting because memory cards of the same size will be cheaper then.

JoepVK, Zidapi, fst312 and 1 other person like this.
  5. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    32GB sounds like best thing to do, I only got the supercard because I use to have the original dstwo and as far as I know the dstwo at that time had the best support for snes and gba. Not to sure right now but I think snes and gba are still better playing on a dstwo.

Last edited by fst312, Dec 2, 2015
  6. aos10

aos10 look at me,shitposting about GW,i am so cool

Apr 10, 2012
    Saudi Arabia
    be very careful , DO NOT USE GATEWAY LAUNCHER IN SUPER CARDS DS2+
    it's gonna brick your 3DS.

fst312 likes this.
  7. Kayleea

Kayleea Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, since it's impossible to play 3ds games on your current 3ds fw9.9.0, it's more sensible to get a 32GB or 16 GB card, which is quite enough for playing gba/ snes games with the dstwo plus.

8. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Since my 3DS can't play 3DS games at the moment, I won't bother getting the gateway launcher.
    When the dstwo+ first came out, to me it was sad that they had to use gateway to play 3ds games. You would think the dstwo processor chip would have been able to bypass any anti piracy like it did for ds games but I guess 3ds is a whole different story.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I ended up buying a 32GB from newegg, I should be getting it by next week, it only cost me $14.90. I haven't been following tech for a long time, my mind was living in the past, where a 32GB use to cost around $40.

Last edited by fst312, Dec 2, 2015