Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Instead of throwing away an old xbox, my friend gave it to me. It works really fine with games now, but I want to softmod it so you can emulate SNES on it. Is there a tutorial on how to do that? Also it would be best if you can work around with the things that I have, like a PC and a buch of PC hardware like Ethernet cables and what not. Thanks.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The easiest way is to buy a memory card, and copy over the exploit files to it. Either with buying a cable to do it, or getting someone with a modded xbox to do it for you. Then get a game that exploitable to boot it up, like splinter cell (The first one). No offence to kellyan95, but I would not recommend hot swap to anyone. If anything goes wrong you've no xbox and have to modchip it. With going down the memory card route its so easy to do, nothing can really go wrong. If it does you can fix it.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of things you can do with an ethernet cable.....just nothing that will mod your xbox...

You can also use the mechassualt hack, if you have the right version of the game and an action replay. I prefer hotswapping (really easy)

Get the files (from #xbins on efnet), compile the disk, burn it, put it into PC, turn PC off.
Put xbox next to PC, take top off, unhook DVD atapi cord, turn on, unplug xbox HDD IDE cable as soon as the light turns red. Plug into primary master on PC.
Turn PC on, boot the disk. Tranfser the files from /e (disk) to /e (xbox)

done!

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of things you can do with an ethernet cable.....just nothing that will mod your xbox...

You can also use the mechassualt hack, if you have the right version of the game and an action replay. I prefer hotswapping (really easy)

Get the files (from #xbins on efnet), compile the disk, burn it, put it into PC, turn PC off.
Put xbox next to PC, take top off, unhook DVD atapi cord, turn on, unplug xbox HDD IDE cable as soon as the light turns red. Plug into primary master on PC.
Turn PC on, boot the disk. Tranfser the files from /e (disk) to /e (xbox)

done!

The hotswap it a lot of hastle compared to the softmod, you dont even have to open your xbox to softmod it, and it only takes about 5 minutes from start to finish, presuming you have to correct gear that it.

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I modded my Xbox during the summer. I recommend the softmod method. All I had to purchase was a memory card since I already have Splinter Cell and a Xbox controller modded for use on PC (it can read memory cards).

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What you'll need:
- Action Replay [the one with the memory card reader & memory card].
- POSSIBLY another memory card since the AR Memory Card is known to corrupt the file when transferring it
- Splinter Cell, Mechassault, or 007 [forgot which one]. Im not sure if they could be platinum hits or not

Basically just find the save game exploits online to install Linux, follow the instructions and voila! Softmodded Xbox.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, you also have to spend money on stuff that isn't needed to do it.

If you don't have the right torx screwdriver to open the xbox, you do need to buy one. Also if you bugger it up, then you got to fit a mod chip.

The original splinter cell is the best one to get to softmod. As both the original and platinum versions work. With mech assault you need the original as they fixed the exploit on the platinum release. Same with the 007 one, some will not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.