Hardware Just got a Vita

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
With vita you will have near-perfect psp and psx emulation. This is enough reason for me to buy one.

By near perfect, i mean 99% or more of the full game library and with nearly no in-game glitches.

You have to hack your vita's psp part for this though.

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With vita you will have near-perfect psp and psx emulation. This is enough reason for me to buy one.

By near perfect, i mean 99% or more of the full game library and with nearly no in-game glitches.

You have to hack your vita's psp part for this though.
I have a pspgo and a psp 3000. but ever since I bought an ipega controller, I play most of the time on android tablet than psp. it's really hard to get back to psp small screen when you are getting used to play with 10 inch tablet. I'm planning to get a 7-8 inch tablet for gaming next year though, it's kinda tiring to grip 10 inch tablet for hours.

Reactions: reprep

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
eriol33 I think Vita's 5.5 inch screen is enough for me. When i need a small device to carry, i take my psp go, when space isn't an issue i take vita. But Vita is a better experience for me mainly because of larger, better screen and longer battery duration.

i might try an android tablet sometime if PPSSPP's compatibility is high enough.

Reactions: Deleted-355425
D

Deleted-355425

eriol33 I think Vita's 5.5 inch screen is enough for me. When i need a small device to carry, i take my psp go, when space isn't an issue i take vita. But Vita is a better experience for me mainly because of larger, better screen and longer battery duration.

i might try an android tablet sometime if PPSSPP's compatibility is high enough.
Dat oled though mmmmmmmm :)

D

Deleted-355425

As fancy and pretty as the oled is you still have mura to worry about which I found out about recently, my vita has a tiny black spot, only noticeable during dark areas of games though.

its a non issue, i dont play it in the dark.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a non issue, i dont play it in the dark.

You misread me, it appears during dark areas of game, the day of time doesn't matter. The oled display can suffer from burn ins as shown in this pic

img_4efca375010d3.jpg

D

Deleted-355425

You misread me, it appears during dark areas of game, the day of time doesn't matter. The oled display can suffer from burn ins as shown in this pic

img_4efca375010d3.jpg
that isnt burn in, read up about oled manufacturing.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your both right from where I'm standing. That picture above isn't burn in. Thats just typical of OLED screens under certain conditions. However, the OLED screens are prone to burn in, quite badly as well as mine has it from too much use of the internet browser (the vertical line on the right side of the screen). Its a real pain.

D

Deleted-355425

They pretty much echoed what I said. I never said it was a common problem just that it was there and my vita has it. Point is it's still there.
you said it was burn in, it isn't.... its an manufacture by-product with OLED screens, and they all have it. burn in would be for a shape that is always in the same location and on all the time and it would burn that shape slightly into the screen, not just random shaped blobs. you don't know what your are talking about.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your both right from where I'm standing. That picture above isn't burn in. Thats just typical of OLED screens under certain conditions. However, the OLED screens are prone to burn in, quite badly as well as mine has it from too much use of the internet browser (the vertical line on the right side of the screen). Its a real pain.

It almost makes me want to return mine and get the slim, :/ At least with the lcd display you wouldn't have to worry about it.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To me the slim actually has better colours. They seem more natural as opposed to way over saturated.

I was thinking that too, it's weird, one youtuber was bashing the new display then after he uploaded a new video he said he liked how the grass looked better on the slim. Tbh the slims body looks better too.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was thinking that too, it's weird, one youtuber was bashing the new display then after he uploaded a new video he said he liked how the grass looked better on the slim. Tbh the slims body looks better too.

Look at a game like uncharted. On the OLED, Drakes face is almost orange in a lot of circumstances. Sure it pops, but that doesn't mean it looks good. On the 2000 his skin tone is way more balanced and natural looking. I've not found a game yet which I don't think looks better on the 2000 .

D

Deleted-355425

i own both and the build quality of the slim is no where near as good as the 1000 but the slim is very comfy to hold. i use nyko powergrips so the shape for holding it makes no difference.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i own both and the build quality of the slim is no where near as good as the 1000 but the slim is very comfy to hold. i use nyko powergrips so the shape for holding it makes no difference.

I wouldn't say the build quality on the 2000 isn't as good. I've got both also. I'd just say that the 2000 lacks the premium feel in the hands of the 1000 which makes it feel like its a better build quality but they are both very sturdily put together. Also for me, the main winner of the 2000 is the fact that the battery does indeed last a fair bit longer as well. I can squeeze about 5.5 hours out of mine on one charge, where I only get about 4 on the 1000.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since