Hacking Just got a second switch and have a question.

danke721

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive currently got a 5.1 f-g enabled switch with sx os. Everything works great(thanks to the teams, etc. involved in this great scene!). I picked up a backup switch yesterday, and it is on 4.1 unpatched. I want to have one console that is safe for future hacks, and I’d like one that is safe for online play,Eshop etc.

I’m guessing that I should keep the 5.1 one as my “hack” version, since it’s already had code running and I’m guessing there is no way to reset the switch and go online with no fear of ban at this point? I’ve also got my Nintendo account with purchases linked to the hacked switch. Is that account as good as banned? Would I be at risk using the account on a new untouched switch and be able to play the games I had bought?

As of current state, I’ve not been banned in any form.

Tldr: I have a hacked 5.1 switch, and a 4.1 unhacked. Should I keep it this way, or shall I get the 4.1 switch hacked?

Thanks for the help

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
get 4.1 hacked.....if u want online you have to update so...hack 4.1

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

wait ok if u want use sx os you have to use the 5.1 one because your license is tied to that

Reactions: danke721

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
the 5.1 will be banned, also your account
don't put your account on the 4.1, also keep it for future hacks like dejavue
sells your 5.1 if you wants

or

keep the hacked on 5.1 and make new account for 4.1 and update it to 5.1 for legit games.

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As others have said in other posts like this you'll probably be in the line for a ban on the 5.1.0, that being said I would update the 4.1.0 to the latest FW and use that legit.

You'll miss out on potential unreleased hacks for lower FW but it's better than two banned switches IMO.

Last edited by Thatcher,

danke721

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, thanks for the help. I knew I was overthinking it. I'm just gonna ride the 5.1 out and leave the 4.1 in the box, for now. Just gonna have to skip online/eshop for awhile.

Edit: Added question... Will loading a payload onto a new switch(to test for vulnerability) automatically flag it for ban, etc?

Last edited by danke721,

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent, thanks for the help. I knew I was overthinking it. I'm just gonna ride the 5.1 out and leave the 4.1 in the box, for now. Just gonna have to skip online/eshop for awhile.

Edit: Added question... Will loading a payload onto a new switch(to test for vulnerability) automatically flag it for ban, etc?

We don't know for sure yet as Nintendo seem to be banning for all kinds of things and the bans aren't instant. If you're thinking of just leaving the Switch alone for a while I wouldn't load anything and we may have a better idea when other hacks are released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs