Just got a PSP 1000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by zeromac, Mar 13, 2010.

Mar 13, 2010

Just got a PSP 1000 by zeromac at 12:34 PM (857 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. zeromac
    OP

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Well i just got a 2nd hand PSP 1000 and luckily for me it was on 5.03! The person i got it off said it was already hacked but when i checked the system info it only said 5.03 and now i don't know what to believe..
    Well first of all i don't have a pandora battery and the memory card that came included is only 32MB so I'll probably be getting a 2GB or something soon, until then i have no idea what to do
    Also, the disk drive is broken.
    So the point is, i have a 2nd hand PSP 1000 on 5.03 (not sure if its hacked or not) that has a busted disk-drive and i'm trying to hack it without the use of a pandora battery [​IMG]

So what i really need to know is what i need to do to hack it (supposing i do get a 2gb Pro Duo)
    I know about the Gen and M33 and ChickHEN but not very much [​IMG]

Also, should i get a pro duo, cos if i do how am i going to access the stuff on it >.< (dumb question)

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Well, I got a second-hand PSP 1000 not too long ago, so its still fresh in my mind. I bricked it at first, but rest assured it's working fine now.

For starters, use this. It's pretty thorough. Just remember to install M33 THEN 5.50 GEN (while following the guide). I tried installing 5.50 GEN first and I bricked mine. It's pretty smooth sailing after that.

Also, the PSP doubles as a memory stick reader, so you don't need to worry about buying another reader. I did buy an adapter myself and they're only like $5, shipping and handling included.

3. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    HAHA! saved all this on a sticky,so i could remember. thx,if you had'nt post this,i would've bricked my psp a couple of times!

@Zeromac: you should follow the stickys,also,you should get a pro duo,preferably 4-8 gb if you are going to play alot of games. Also,oncec you installed CFW,you should be able to access the games on the pro duo.(zomg,i sound like I know everything,and i just learned this a few days ago o.O) once you get used to it,and get your know how,it should be pretty easy.

4. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    PSP-hacks.com

I hate this questions. Posters if you look on this VERY same forum, there are already posts and stickies on this topic.

They are very helpful.... why would you buy something before you even know what to do with it.

Wynd

5. Zerousen

Member Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

United States
    you might also want to take a look at this, if you have any leftover micro sd cards from your flash carts. im going to buy 2 8 gbs and this so i can have 16 gbs for cheaper,save about $10-$20.
    Now now,people can make mistakes,even Guildy makes mistakes(wait,that was a lie o.O)

6. zeromac
    OP

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Thanks for the replies guys, now i guess i have to go get a 2GB Produo so i can start :S
    oh and Wynd, i got my psp for free [​IMG]