just got a PS3-need input

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by unnkown95, Dec 25, 2010.

Dec 25, 2010

just got a PS3-need input by unnkown95 at 11:12 PM (464 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. unnkown95
    OP

Member unnkown95 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i just bought a ps3 off craigslist, i bought it from a guy who said he only played it for about 2 or 3 hours total. It is one of the backwards compatible ps3's with an 80 gig hard drive. It still ahs the 3.01 firmware on it so it can run linux as well, it came with 2 dual shock controllers, mlb 09 and metal gear solid 4. The ps3 is in absolutly flawless condition not a single scratch on it sepite being 2 years old.

So i ahve some questions about it and i need advice:

1.) Il post what i apyed for it after a couple replies but what do you think this item is worth? Or what would you pay for it?

2.) i want to jailbreak it but i dont want to update the firmware, what should i do? can i buy a psjailbreak usb and will it jailbreak it on 3.01? I cant use psfreedom since i dont have a compatible device.
    3.) If i do upgrade to 3.41 or 3.42 cant remember which one and i jailbreak it can i still install linux once it is jailbroken and the othe ros option is gone?

4.) what would you do in my position upgrade and jailbreak or stay and jailbreak?

5.) What should i buy for my ps3, what agmes and accessories are good, is the ps move good?

2. unnkown95
    OP

United States
    sorry for the spelling mistakes as well

3. unnkown95
    OP

United States