Hardware just got a ps3 for xmas i was severely disappointed in it...

majinvegeta123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pros- blue ray player, great graphics, good games

cons- NO PARTY'S!!! no back wards compatibility for ps2 or ps1, no private chat no way to talk to someone Privately

what bothers me the most is no partys... thats pathetic to not have one that means you have to talk to everyone else too do u think they will ever add it on like a privite chat or something?

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has backwards compatibility considering the version and ps1 works fine. Download some off the playstation network and play them or disc unless they removed it via firmware which I doubt.

Edit: They didn't remove it for ps1 I tried it also yes it has no party chat and several cross platform games are better on the 360 but it still has some great games.

Supersonicmonk

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought you could play ps1 games or can you only buy them off PSN, anyway I don't own either but I much prefer the 360 to be honest

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
1. every ps3 right now supports PS1 games (I haven't heard of any not working at least)
2. blu-ray *
3. you can have multi user chatrooms, includes video support, mic support, picture display (show whatever is on your harddrive in pictures folder). and there is multi user text only chatroom.

don't be so quick to judge a new console, learn it before going straight to complaints.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sephi said:
1. every ps3 right now supports PS1 games (I haven't heard of any not working at least)
2. blu-ray *
3. you can have multi user chatrooms, includes video support, mic support, picture display (show whatever is on your harddrive in pictures folder). and there is multi user text only chatroom.

what he said

feel like a complete twat asking about this but let me get this straight:

if i have an ORIGINAL PS1 game, can i stick the disc in a play ? ... coz if so im sure gna go hunting for my rayman disc right now

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you kidding the ps3 is easily the best console, has an amazing proccessor, i jus bought an older backwards comaptible model for 220 us $, with 2 controllers and 2 games that still has 3.01 firmware on it and can run linux it is an amzing console

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
feel like a complete twat asking about this but let me get this straight:

if i have an ORIGINAL PS1 game, can i stick the disc in a play ? ... coz if so im sure gna go hunting for my rayman disc right now
Yep, any PS1 disc will play fine on any version of the PS3. I've played a couple old discs on my Slim with no problems!
nayps3.gif

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unnkown95 said:
are you kidding the ps3 is easily the best console, has an amazing proccessor, i jus bought an older backwards comaptible model for 220 us $, with 2 controllers and 2 games that still has 3.01 firmware on it and can run linux it is an amzing console

Yes, because processing power + the ability to run linux = fun.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hachibei said:
unnkown95 said:

Yes, because processing power + the ability to run linux = fun.
Depends on the person, I guess

And to OP, if you're not happy, give it to me. I want a next gen console but I'm broke. So? Pretty please?

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Stupid thread. You said you were severly dissapointed and now you say this.
majinvegeta123 said:
im just saying i wish there was a party chat.... that really bugs me but ur right its still a good console

Your cons are too weak. No you can't do party thing like x360 where you can bring over those same people into games. On Ps3, you can do multiple people chatroom with voice/text chat and video chat but you however can't bring them into the game as how you can on the 360. Still a weak ass con since they can easily make an update for it to enable that.

The only con I can agree with is the PS2 non compatibility...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-