just copy and paste ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by agb1a, Apr 11, 2014.

1. agb1a
    OP

agb1a Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    United States
    I only have 1 micro sd card for the r4 gateway card, and I already have a 3ds rom on it. If I want another game on it, can I just copy and paste the current game out, and copy and paste a new one in ?

2. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pokébro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    "r4 gateway" is not a card. If you meant the Gateway, then you can do what you described and you should be fine.

3. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    He means the blue Gateway which is called "R4".

4. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Then this makes the original post even more confusing, because 3DS ROMs can't be run from a micro SD inserted into the blue card :P I know you knew this, but I don't think the OP does if this is the case.

5. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    But R4 card folder with DS ROMs and 3DS ROMs can be at the same MicroSD card.

6. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Honestly, there's no point in speculating what the OP meant without him/her chiming in and clarifying.

7. agb1a
    OP

agb1a Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    United States
    sorry, I meant the WHITE Gateway card, is it possible to copy and paste new 3DS ROMS on to it ? I already have a 3ds rom on it. If I want another game on it, can I just copy and paste the current game out, and copy and paste a new one in ?

8. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Yes, this would be fine.

9. agb1a
    OP

agb1a Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    United States
    how about saved game information ?

10. IronClouds

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Saves are stored on your big SD card and have their file name automatically set according to the game ID for that title. This does not apply to "CARD2" games (Pokémon X/Y, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, etc.). For these games, the save is stored within the ROM file itself.