Just bought Star Fox 3D

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by nikkuchan, Jul 14, 2011.

Jul 14, 2011

Just bought Star Fox 3D by nikkuchan at 6:50 AM (3,971 Views / 0 Likes) 41 replies

1. nikkuchan
    OP

Member nikkuchan GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    For everyone who enjoyed the Legend of Zelda rerelease on the 3DS, you will most-likely be satisfied with this game. It's been so long since I played this on the N64 I forgot much about it. What a lovely game this is. Like Zelda, the graphics are upgraded, but here it seems like they were overhauled even more (just my imagination maybe). Like Zelda, the game itself is unchanged, so all the things you love and hate are still there.

The 3DS version allows you to fly by moving the 3DS. It works pretty well, but it's hard to keep with the action on a constantly moving screen.

Barrel rolling requires you to twirl your 3DS. I ended up dropping my 3DS 4 times trying to do it.

the 3D effects are great. Lasers flying at your face is cool (and also a bit disorienting), and the sense of depth does make the game much more engaging. Beware, though, the 3D effects are automatically turned off if you let Slippy die.

I also really enjoyed drinking mode, where every time slippy asks you to save him or Falco makes a douchey comment, an image of a beer mug appears on screen, indicating that you must take a drink.

Honestly though, it's really good. Playing Star Fox in 3D a trip.

2. tlyee61

Member tlyee61 le dancing Tyranitar~

United States
    Did u see anyone with a Flare Red 3DS?
    Also, so hyped for the game!! [​IMG]

3. nikkuchan
    OP

Japan
    I have yet to see anyone with a red 3DS. To be honest, I have yet to see anyone with a 3DS of any color. I get streetpasses, but I haven't actually seen anyone with one.

4. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Everything about the first post was really "lolwut?" But I think I said that the most when I saw that single line. You either just lied a lot (which seems oh so likely), or the Japanese version is really, really weird.

5. nikkuchan
    OP

Japan
    I appreciate that you figured it out.

I really did buy it though, and it really is awesome.

Oh yeah, I also forgot to tell you about "Relaxation mode" where Slippy's voice is replaced by recordings of nails on a chalkboard.

6. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Or that was a joke.

7. Weaselpipe

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    Seriously?! Someone makes a joke and instead of laughing you say "lolwut"?! Which I imagine in a deadpan monotone voice... like Wall-E or Johnny 5...

Anyway I am quite looking forward to this game, especially 'Leeroy Jenkins' mode

8. Paarish

Member Paarish Connor's Nublet

United Kingdom
    Joke threads belong in the EOF. Not in the main forums.

9. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    He only made a joke.

We aren't allowed to have fun anymore without being pushed into the shit that is EoF? (Which isn't even funny)

10. Weaselpipe

United Kingdom
    Sorry, I made A joke regarding the OP's initial joke. The thread as a whole is not a joke. Someone owns the game, and likes it. Other people are looking forward to it. I am one of those people.

I don't like the look of the "see your friends faces when you play against them" mode, it seems to waste screen space. I don't want people seeing my face!

11. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Off topic, if we allowed joke threads in the EoF, then it'd be funny.

On topic, I still don't see the hype around it. It's a real cookie cutter remake with a lot of shortcomings. I wonder how that 3D is gonna work when you're constantly moving your 3DS around? Plus they've added not a whole lot. At least Ocarina of Time had Master Quest. Still, it's just SF64 with a new coat of paint for a lot more cash. Stick to buying the VC version if you must.

12. Weaselpipe

United Kingdom
    Off topic- Until this thread I didn't know EoF existed

On Topic- Only really looking forward to the multiplayer, but has to be a better game than Pilotwings!

13. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    Starfox is out?? That soon?

But glad to hear that it's enjoyable.

14. Jockel

Member Jockel Tagging yourself? This shit ain't NeoGAF.

Germany
    GBAtemp - the unfunniest place on earth. Make a joke, be called a liar.

15. Weaselpipe

United Kingdom
    You LIE, sir!

16. nikkuchan
    OP

Japan
    Wow. I just added some jokes to make it a bit amusing. All I'm saying is that the game is good. Yeah, there's no new content, and they gyroscope controls are pointless, but hey, it's been so long that it's practically a new game to me, so I'm happy about it.

17. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Hmm, people simply anticipating a game is hype now?! Then I don`t know what to call the state before a Mario, Pokemon, Halo or CoD game gets released [​IMG]

Also if you would have a 3DS you would know that among all the E3-videos on the eShop SF64 is the lowest rated. That`s what I call hype... If you don`t have that information you maybe should just not comment on the state of the anticipation! So please donĀ“t act like 3DS-owners are blind [​IMG]

I for one think the game looks great but the lack of new content and online dog-fights may keep me from buying it. I think at one side Nintendo is right to not mess too much with these gems but I still think they maybe should have add a separate epilogue-like campaign at the end to just add something new but still don`t change the original and keep it intact within the remastered game.

18. jpxdude

Member jpxdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I'm very hyped about this game! Unlike Zelda, The music, and modes have also been redone. It's also been handled directly from one of Nintendo's in-house teams, and looks gorgeous. People are already putting unboxing videos etc on youtube, I can't wait!

19. chris888222

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    This game looks fantastic, but I won't be buying it as it doesn't support online...

20. Ikki

Member Ikki GBATemp's grumpy panda.

Uruguay
    When soon = September.

Also @OP, you should've mentioned that the gyro controls are optional.