Hacking Just bought my NDS

baicunko

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I just bought a used nintendo DS, im really amazed with it but i've seen you can do plenty more stuff hacking it.
What do i need to do?
Software install?
Do i need to buy a flash card?
What can i do with those flash card?
Help would be really appreciated!
thanks!

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is this right here. The best flashcart on the market. I assume you have either the lite or the phat as this wont work on the DSi. All "hacking" on the DS is done by the flashcart.

Oh man, PharaohsVizer! Did that Cyclo n stuff come? How you likin it?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that seems strange, I shipped it out on the 13th. It should defiantly have been there by now

Oh, wait thats right, your in Canada. Thats prolly it.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
PharaohsVizier, I sugest you to buy a MicroSD with lots of gigs... I have 2GB and It is no enouth to put everything I want (backups musics etc)... so I sugest you to buy a 4GB or more...

CheatingSoi
Can you, or anyone ship Cyclo to Brazil?

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
You pretty much need a flash cart, and once you have that you are set to do all the things everyone else can.

You could begin by entering the raffle in my sig for a chance to win one.
tongue.gif
Too bad i'll already win it -.-
smile.gif

badchilli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just need a flashcart, a slot 1 cart, and a micro SD card. Most of the new slot 1 flash cart support the bigger capacity microSDHC cards so you can one of those.

If you ever plan on buying a DSi in the future, you might want to buy a slot 1 flashcart that supports DSi. Most of the new flashcarts support both, and have an "i" in there name, like the EZ Flash Vi, Acekard2i, M3iZero, etc. Of course these carts also work on regular "phat" and "lite" DS models.

Using the flashcart usually just means formatting your micro SD cart, then putting your flashcart's firmware on the microSD cart, putting some NDS roms on it and then sticking the micro SD card into your flashcart and then stick the flashcart into your SLOT 1 slot (where NDS cartridges go). And that's it. Much easier than the PSP world where you have to hack the firmware and stuff.

Whatever flashcart you buy, just consult the FAQs/Wiki/Sticky threads for that card in the various forums here.

As for stuff you can do besides playing NDS roms, you can run homebrew app/games, run emulators, etc. See the homebrew NDS forum here for more info.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Look... if you want to throw away 45$+ for simple flash card everyday uses go ahead. This card is only good for RTS(Real Time Save). That's all I've really seen it be able to do that other (and much, much cheaper) cards can do. Go with an AceKard, M3 Zero, TTDS, or any of the other brands out there. If The one or two, not really useful, features of the Cyclo really appeal to you buy it. It's your choice on what's the best flashcart really :/ Just stay away from R4s, the clones are crap and the real one hasn't seen an update for like a year and a half(?).

If you want, I will find you a really good deal for a good flashcart and a decent size MicroSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over