Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
grog.gif
CELEBRATION
grog.gif

To replace my R4

Just bought a cyclo and an 8gb card separately.. Came to $114 AUD all up..
tongue.gif
Cyclo of Ozmodchips for 79 and 8gb microsd of ebay for 35..

Anyone have pointers about setting it up and everything.. Any hints to get the best out of it.. I had a quick browse through the cyclo thread but its basically comparison topics compared to the r4..

Any help would be appreciated.. Theres no rush, I havent got it yet..
biggrin.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
welcome to the club :]
to get started of course
download the firmware/games/homebrew you want
hmm. download FAQs maybe for games that you want to play
and save them in .txt if you wanna use the ingame text reader
download skins you want from like ndsthemes
i think..thats about it..

Curley5959

CCC Member!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.holidaygamerz.zoomshare.com
XP
Country
Its just to replace my R4 anyway.. Can you backup saves?? What cheat file to I have to download from Narin??

And is the setup of the sd basically like the r4?? Could someone take a screenie of their sd on the pc.. Like what folders should there be??

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Cyclo is pretty simple to set up. Just get the latest beta firmware (1.5b4...from their forums) and put that in first. It will automatically create the CycloDS folder on the microSD and erase the update file. Unlike the R4, the Cyclo actually updates the hardware and is NOT just a loader. After that, download the Moonshell addon from here and pop that on the card:
http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/engine.pl

If you want skins, head over to dsthemes and slurp some up. Create a folder in the CycloDS folder called simply "skins". Each skin you download should be in its own folder inside that folder.

After that, create your Games/Homebrew/etc. folders and copy your games from the R4 over.....they are ALL compatible. You'll probably want to add the codes from the official cheat database....throw that in the CycloDS folder along side the default.EVOcheats.

Now after all that, boot up the Cyclo and choose the 3rd option on the touchscreen. Enable/disable the various options to your liking and set your skin.

After you have everything set up how you like it, it may be a good idea to defrag the card since you just added all kinds of stuff. Copy the entire contents of the microSD to your computer, format the microSD, copy everything back.

You are ready to go after that.

I upgraded from an R4 to the CycloDS too. You WILL enjoy the Cyclo and all its extra features.

EDIT: The cheat file you need from Narin is "user.EVOcheats"

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
Can anyone make me a skin if I provide pics?? Please?? I found a guide on the cyclops forums but I dont really understand it??

If you are interested, please PM me
Try http://ndsthemes.com
Chances are that they have a skin matching your needs, unless it's for something really obscure.
And I would suggest downloading a skin, and then replacing the images with ones that you like if it has good buttons or something. You also need to know how to edit the .xml file, but that's pretty basic.

Dragonite24

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
ifyouclickthenyouarestupid.youareindeed.org
XP
Country
Curley5959 said:
grog.gif
CELEBRATION
grog.gif

To replace my R4

Just bought a cyclo and an 8gb card separately.. Came to $114 AUD all up..
tongue.gif
Cyclo of Ozmodchips for 79 and 8gb microsd of ebay for 35..

Anyone have pointers about setting it up and everything.. Any hints to get the best out of it.. I had a quick browse through the cyclo thread but its basically comparison topics compared to the r4..

Any help would be appreciated.. Theres no rush, I havent got it yet..
biggrin.gif

Same! I got mine a week ago and I got it from Ozmodchips too. I'm looking forward for an EzFlash 3 in 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf