Just an idea...

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Waughoo, Aug 28, 2009.

Aug 28, 2009

Just an idea... by Waughoo at 4:25 AM (817 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Waughoo
    OP

Newcomer Waughoo Member

United States
    I have a 750 GB USB drive thats in 2 partitions. One is 500 GB for Wii games, the other 250 gb is basically nothing right now. I'm wondering if I could use the extra 250 with a PS2 USB loader?

2. davidsl_128

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Depends on whether PS2 loaders support partitions. Don't know if that's the case, though.

3. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Like wii_128 there may be problems with multiple partitions, but it might be possible. Why don't you try it out (what have you got to loose??) and tell us.

4. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    multiple partitions is okay, however when you change up the format (WBFS and NTFS, FAT) that may cause read errors. But, yea please comment back here and see if it works. I'm lucky enough to have a lot of 320gb ext usb drives that I don't need to share them with other devices (Xbox, Ps3 and Wii)

Wynd

5. ozguy

Member ozguy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You may want to use some of the extra space for a FAT32 partition for homebrew, images, movies, mp3 files, etc rather than using the SD card for it all.

Also now that Linux has Wi-Fi on the Wii, it would be a good idea to use some space for an EXT3 partition.

Neither partition has to be huge. 20Gb is plenty for most current uses (I seem to remember something about Bill Gates and 512k... LOL)

6. Waughoo
    OP

Newcomer Waughoo Member

United States
    I'm gonna give this a try, looks like I need to get my hands on a AR or other cheat device for the PS2 first. I'm already running the HD with a WBFS and a FAT32 partion with no problems, so I'm thinking it may work out. I'm not too worried about space for other homebrews, cause I dont really use most of it besides the USB Loaders.

I'd REALLY like to have a USB loader or anything similar for my 360, but I'm not about to mess with modding it, it was waaay too expensive and it was a xmas gift from my wife (she loves me so much, she got me an elite).

7. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    it should work. unless you have to put your FST32 partition as primary for the ps2 to read it.

oh, elites are only £200 here now:P