Just a question about DLC's

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by OfficialBrony, Jan 5, 2017.

1. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    My Wii U came with Mario Kart 8 as a bundle along with a code to download both DLC's. I successfully installed Mario Kart 8 on my friends Wii U using the installer. Am I able to like backup the DLC files? If so, will it have Nintendo's signature to install it on my friends Wii U?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    EDIT: if I can back Up the DLC how do I do that also?

2. OfficialBrony
    OP

OfficialBrony

Banned
    Jan 6, 2016
    Canada
    Anyone?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

3. Litle_Bird

Litle_Bird Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2017
    Sweden
    The short answer, no. I assume when you say that you succesfully installed Mario Kart 8 on your friends wii u you did it with Wupinstaller.

Installing disc games with Wupinstaller works because you add the disc ticket (You could call it your license) which is NOT console specific and that's why it works. However when you purchase DLC the eshop generates a console specific ticket file which only will work on your console, thus you can't just backup your DLC and install in on your friends wii u.

You could install DLC on your friends wii u If the system is signature patched but that's another story and I won't cover that...