Gaming Jumping the boat

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yay, another "omfg liteone flashing wat?!" topic. Anyway, I'm going to jump the boat and flash it myself.
Doing a bit of research, I have a bit of mixed results as to how to flash it. Words that pop in some, but not in others like JungleFlasher, Xtractor, prong, etc.
So, if I were to buy this: kit (yeah the price is huge) that would be all I need in terms of tools to open and connect right?

If so, is there a pretty straight forward guide that uses the stuff in that link? Since there are many guides of course, but all recommend different things.

Thanks~

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PCI card (you might be able to skip it as mentioned and this was a 4 second search so look around and that will get cheaper)
http://www.amazon.com/eSata-Sata-RAID-Cont...6837&sr=8-1
Personally I would get it for if you establish yourself as one who can flash 360s others may well appear meaning you "need" to have such a chipset.

Spear, you can make with junk or my pocket change otherwise:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668247

Everything else is a trip down the computer shop away and together with the above should not run more than $40.

As for software it is all free and the guides vary but ultimately do exactly the same thing (even more so the varying softmod guides for the wii).

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That kit is indeed everything you need to flash the 360, except for a Philips screwdriver to open up your DVD drive. It comes at a premium though, because it's targeted at people who have no idea what they're doing. If you want it done cheaper, then as others have said you can pay to have your drive flashed by someone else.

If you're going to use the xtractor via USB, the only additional step is that you need to install the USB driver first. The rest of the process is outlined step-by-step in the JungleFlasher user guide. You do not need to use any of the xtractor software for key dumping, because JungleFlasher can do everything.

It's really a lot easier than you're building it up to be. I felt the same way before I actually did it.

But the basic process (more thoroughly outlined in the JungleFlaser user guide):
1. Install 360xtractor USB driver (if not using serial)
2. Get liteon to "half open" state.
3. Open liteon drive, attach probe properly and dump keys. Repeat for paranoia as needed.
4. Erase liteon.
5. Place dumped keys into liteon iXtreme. Flash.

Twiffles

танковые победы
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah thanks. ^^
Though, I'm still confused a bit. xD Like, what tools are needed for the simplest flashing method + opening the 360. Since a few said use a SATA card, and a few just said use Xtractor.

Sorry for being a little stupid. xD

velocity37

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twiffles said:
what tools are needed for the simplest flashing method + opening the 360. Since a few said use a SATA card, and a few just said use Xtractor.

The simplest way is using the xtractor360 and a spear. If you're more the DIY type, you can see the link that FAST6191 posted.

For opening the xbox 360 it is recommended you buy the XCM Case Unlock Kit. The kit comes with a nice tool for opening the 360 and the torx bit you'll need for opening the case. If you already have a Torx T10 screwdriver around, you can try to open it with a small knife or flathead screwdriver.

As for the SATA card. You may or may not need it depending on your motherboard. Some 360 dvd drives are more picky about the SATA chipset than others.

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most people will say it's a ripoff but I say go with what you want. PERSONALLY, I liked the kit shown above so I based my purchases off of it. (I didn't need all the things in that kit so I only ordered what I needed and save a few $s)

An xtractor with probe is the easiest way to flash and will make your life a lot easier.....granted you could make your own kit, but I didn't want to screw it up so I bought the xtractor and probe and I couldn't be happier!!! (then again, I run a modding service and I've used my kit on more than 25 lite-ons lol)

whatever you end up doing, DO NOT FLASH WITHOUT A GOOD FIRMWARE BACKUP FIRST!!!!! I cannot stress it enough, make sure you dump your firmware and do not flash your drive without making SURE it dumped and it is a good dump!!!!! If your drive gets flashed with a bad drive key (the number connecting the drive to the motherboard) and you don't have a good backup.....you will have a VERY expensive dvd player because it will not do ANYTHING other than play games!!!! There is no way to fix a bad flash without a good backup!

I hate to say it, but the best thing to do is READ!!! Read as many tutorials, guides, watch youtube videos, etc. that it takes to learn!!!! When you think you are ready, read a little bit more! It's not really that hard and I think I flashed my first drive in about 20 mins. (most of which was watching a youtube video step by step to make sure I didn't make a mistake). Now, I can flash a drive in about 5 mins. and that is including the time to disassemble the case.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc