Jump Ultimate Stars patch problem

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Muhyo, Nov 20, 2012.

Nov 20, 2012

Jump Ultimate Stars patch problem by Muhyo at 5:31 AM (1,571 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Muhyo
    OP

Newcomer Muhyo Executor

Muhyo and Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigat
    United States
    :nds: so I downloaded jump ultimate stars English patched on my r4DS it works fine but sometimes in j-arena it freezes when a battle is over and clears my save for j-arena mode which stinks because I like fighting random AI on JUS. Is this a problem with the rom or something else also any other ways to fight random AI.

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    This issue has been noted in the past it seems although it was not a common one.

You say R4- I do seem to recall some issues with deufeufeu's rebuilding method and the a handful of cards with similar issues to what you detail being the symptom (deufeufeu's rebuild method was very accurate but it did not play well with some cards). The fix amounted to rebuilding the ROM with ndstool- you can download ndstool from
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-nintendo-ds-rom-tool-ndstool-1501-f29352.html
    commands to be run from the command line with the patched ROM in the same directory
    Code:
    ndstool -x *.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin
    ndstool -c jusrebuilt.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin 

The first command will extract it and the second will rebuild it. If you prefer a GUI to the command line you can get something like dsbuff to do the same thing
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-dsbuff-v1-final-f3100.html

3. Muhyo
    OP

Newcomer Muhyo Executor

Muhyo and Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigat
    United States
    Will this stop the j-arena problem?