ROM Hack jump ultimate stars hack into SSB DS

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking, if its possible, that maby i could hack jump ultimate stars to be like super smash bros on the ds. it already has controls and abbilities built in-game(you'd know if youd played the english patched game). I would just need to edit the manga tiles, the music, the stages, and the sprites. i could do this but i have absolutely NO skills at hacking without tools. if someone would post tools, then i could probably do this tell me what you think and post some toolz!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Using the search bar or google would've helped. I made a thread looking for JUS editing tools 3 days ago.

You have no idea how huge of an undertaking it would be to turn JUS into Smash. You'd likely get better results from sending letters to Nintendo asking for them to release a Smash DS.

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i know its a big thing but im thinking that if i had the right tools and maby some help, i could probably make somthing better than the homebrew super smash rumble(wich in my opinion, is dead). i would probably leave the items the way they are for now till i find out how to script or somthing, but my main goal is changing world names, character names and sprites and cpus(komas yllw,grn,red would become goomba, shyguy, octorok). THEN i will work on the rest. thats not alot of stuff. it is easy to get most sprites. also, i might keep some of the better JUS characters

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Changing names is pretty easy (changed some not even 5 minutes ago), but swapping out sprites would be absolutely agonizing. Each character has dozens of sprites for animations. You'd need to replace each and every one with a similarly animated sprite. Finding or making that many sprites in specific poses will drive you mad. If you're still gonna try, good luck.

Tools that were recommended to me:
CrystalTile2 (FileTrip)
Tile Molester (FileTrip)
ALAR Tool (Googled "Jump Ultimate Stars editing tools")

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well im gonna release the first alpha with basically the first world to unlock characters done, you get to start with ONLY mario and luigi!

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aight, Update: Name editing: simple! ill be done in a week! spriting... not so easy! unless someone can make a program with import and export options, i'm gonna need to get someone whos SKILLED with ALAR TOOL cuz i have no idea ghow to use it! so if anyone wants to help, pm me!

Posts merged

Brawler said:
you should give it a try to include the translation!
i am currently hacking the english translation version so dont worry!
wink.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
link491 said:
Aight, Update: Name editing: simple! ill be done in a week! spriting... not so easy! unless someone can make a program with import and export options, i'm gonna need to get someone whos SKILLED with ALAR TOOL cuz i have no idea ghow to use it! so if anyone wants to help, pm me!

Posts merged

Brawler said:
you should give it a try to include the translation!
i am currently hacking the english translation version so dont worry!
wink.gif

Okay I think I will look forward for this patch! and how about the levels?
cool.gif

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i dont know about levels yet at the beginning, for the FIRST release (not the only one) im just gonna do characters. mainly because i am still learning hopw to use the tools im using. but it would be alot faster if someone would make a sprite editor like unLZ (used for hacking pokemon games) and a level editor like a-map (also from pokemon rom hacking) also wondering, is there any way for me to hack sprites using ds lazy or ds buff?

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i still dont know how to insert sprites but i did find a ripped sprite sheet of ichigo wich im gonna use to make the other sprite sheets. also if anyone has a GOOD sprite sheet of adult link, i could really use it.
biggrin.gif

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Your going to need a lot more frames than that. Also your going to need to find out what command calls for what Sprite set, how to set up the powers (Their effects) and things of that nature. It can get quite complicated.

Mana94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry, but judging by how you sound about this...you couldn't do it.

NDS coding languages are very advanced. TONS of people have had this idea before, yet...do you see a hack like this? No! It's not as simple as... "Let me just swap the sprites". If it were that case we would have tons of hacks already made. Editing characters would already be an absolute hell, so adding new stages, changing them, and changing music would be even worse. You are lucky if this project took under 3 years to complete, IF THAT.

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why not wait for the nintendo release?
when the 3ds releases with it's tegra chip, the game will likely be put into the making
the console will have the specs to release something like ssb ds

link491

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
as far as i can see, the possibilities of nintendo making the game are like 0.1% i think that by the time nintendo makes ssbds, ill have finished this hack.

Demonofbirth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure exactly how this ds game works, but others have a lot of animations and as far as i know there aren't any editors for that yet... if there are please tell me.... the best nds hacking i've come up with is sound changing (not swapping), switching maps from one game and putting them into a entirely different game, etc. but i haven't found anything that will let you import 3d models into the game

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
link491 said:
as far as i can see, the possibilities of nintendo making the game are like 0.1% i think that by the time nintendo makes ssbds, ill have finished this hack.

Yeah, good luck with that.

I've played both and found vast differences in the games that simple hacking isn't going to overcome. You'd need a whole new starting base to even get started.

The odds of turning JUS into a Smash game = 42.1936%

The odds of it being any good = 0.0002%

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho