Hacking JPN Wii users guide...?

shadoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sleeping247 has finally posted all the information we require. Here's a copy of his post, all due credit goes to him, he's a lifesaver!

FOR NTSC-J USERS:

I have a NTSC-J 3.0J Nintendo Wii updated online with the latest version.
I tried the two disk method earlier, and it WORKS FOR NTSC-J OWNERS
There is just ONE thing you must change.

1. Download the game
2. Extract the downloaded files with WinRar into an ISO
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one ISO into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
6. Run the OTHER copyed ISO in Region Frii (convert FROM USA to JAP)
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid"
8. Now you have two copies of Metroid Prime 3, right?
9. Try to insert the BRICK BLOCKED game. Black screen. No problem.
10. Insert the Region Friid game. It will now say "Initiating Wii System Update" and you can press "OK". Press OK, then on the next message press "I accept".
11. NOW! Let the update run for SOME SECONDS. Let perhaps 10-15% of the bar get blue, then UNPLUG your wii console!!!!!!
12. Insert the power again, turn on your Wii. You do NOT have double channels now.
13. Insert the game that you Brick Blocked (the one that used to give you a black screen...). Let it load, and BOOM; it works. Now you have a working Metroid Prime game and a non-doubled Wii

I let mine update for Twelve (12) seconds before turning it off.

Interesting! Kinda freaked about yanking the power during the update though... Anyone else try this yet?
I'd give it a go, but I still haven't got the complete ISO yet...
frown.gif

Puar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just ran Metroid Prime on my friend's 2.2U Wii and, after the update, it was still on 2.2U, meaning that either there is no firmware update included or that it only contains the 2.2U update if there is one at all. At any rate, this made me think about the 2.2U update that semi-bricked my JP Wii and gave me duplicate channels and the reports that European Wii users who are running Metroid Prime having duplicate channels as a result. If all it contains is a 2.2U update, then those with us that have a semi-bricked Wii potentially have no fear in running it... maybe?

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... no fear? Care to try it out on your 2.2J Wii Puar?

Anyone out there willing to try to "pull-out" method on their 2.2J Semi-bricked Wii? i think quite a number of us have a 2.2J Semi. :X

wii909

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, some slightly new info regarding Metroid, and some good news for people still on 2.2J
biggrin.gif

I followed the above method for pulling out roughly 10% into the update (I just counted to 12 in my head). However, what I did differently was NOT to patch with Region Frii as I have a Wiikey with region override on so figured there would be no need. I was correct
smile.gif

Secondly I took a bit of a risk as I'm only on 2.2J and am unable to connect to the net to get the 3.0J update. However, I'd heard a few people saying that the game doesn't actually contain the 3.0 update, just an update with files in to allow Metroid to run so I decided to go for it.

The result: After using WiiBrickBlocker to patch the second disc as described above I have no duplicate channels, am still on 2.2J, and can play Metroid perfectly
happy.gif

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my! That is.... great heh
smile.gif
Sounds really dangerous..... but i'll have to start practicing counting to 12 from now till I get home.

Time to update the wiki...

Thanks so much Wii909!

sleeping247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know I stated that I pulled out the plug at 12 seconds, but be cautious and use it as a GUIDE only. Dont take it as gospel.

I pulled out at the moment I judged that the status bar was at 10-15%, but the status bar may different for different consoles (ie. different read speeds perhaps).

I'm just saying that you should use your own judgement for the 10 to 15%, and use 12 seconds AS A GUIDE.

Cheers

thegame4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Hm I want to know what, do you insert the brickblocked one, choose 'load' at the game's wii screen so it starts loading, then when you get a black screen change discs to regionfrii or what. As I'm doing just that and I get nothing even after I put in regionfrii disc after black screen comes up. Help please?

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm I want to know what, do you insert the brickblocked one, choose 'load' at the game's wii screen so it starts loading, then when you get a black screen change discs to regionfrii or what. As I'm doing just that and I get nothing even after I put in regionfrii disc after black screen comes up. Help please?

1. Download the game
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.
4. Copy the original ISO and paste one ISO into EACH of the new folders you have created.
5. Run ONE of the copyed ISOs (leave the original alone...!) with Brick Blocker.
7. Now burn TWO discs. ONE with the ISO that was "BrickBlocked" and the second disc with the one that was "Region Friid"

thegame4ever

Trophies
XP
Country

1. Download the game
3. Make TWO NEW FOLDERS.

dwkennedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if some variation of this technique could get USA Cooking Mama to work on a JPN Wii?

Too bad we don't have a Wii Debugger
smile.gif

SuckaB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
from the chinese site given above, some people used the power-down method and it worked. But after 2nd boss or something, he got an error.

anybody else ? or just his disc?

dwkennedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from the chinese site given above, some people used the power-down method and it worked. But after 2nd boss or something, he got an error.

The chinese language on that site is really
wacko.gif
for me.
I'm not sure if they did the power down method, or if they're having trouble getting past the second level (normal game play.)

I will approach this upgrade/game with caution...

SuckaB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The chinese language on that site is really
wacko.gif
for me.
I'm not sure if they did the power down method, or if they're having trouble getting past the second level (normal game play.)

I will approach this upgrade/game with caution...

cuz it's Cantonese slang... it's not natural to me but i understood some of them.

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah... yup. Its a HK site. They have a bigger user base there...i reckon most Wiis in HK are JAP Wiis. So anyone been able to translate any new info from there?

I'm curious if carnival games will work without a hitch.

sleeping247

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Am also wanting to know if Carnival games will work on NTSC J. I currently have it downloading, but it is a day away from finish.
If no one has tested it before then, I will do it myself.

The site mentioned above is Colloquial cantonese, not slang.
I was in Hong Kong and China a month ago, and the majority of Wiis are JAP wiis, as it is much cheaper than a NTSC U wii.
Jap Wii = HK$1800/CNY1750
NTSC U Wii = $HK2800/CNY2700

oghost

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The following is posted on hacken.cc regarding Carnival Games(U):

thank for sharing, i test it already, Japn V3.0 J + Wiikey can play

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.