JOIN TEAM M.U.G.E.N DS

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
It would be great if you would join my coding team, maybe you could put all of the finished parts together.

sorry no can do, but I'm willing to answer any specific questions about the principles of 2d fighters.

Anyway rule number one of forming a internet dev team is to make a decent start on the program yourself to prove to people it's not a pipe dream and that your capable of pulling it off.

Trippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you build it, they will come

Usually if you build something first, proof of concept, demo, then people will join your team, as opposed to asking people to join a project that may never amount to anything. At least with a demo, people know you might actually finish it.
Just my 2 pennies.

EDIT *
Kyuzumaki beat me to it.
tongue.gif

XxRoxaSoraxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll pull some strings and try to have toni P or Narin to join, Im also learning to dev, so ill try to put together a demo.....AND NOTHING ELSE

EDIT: ill probably have sum screenshots up by....say next wednesday.
EDIT: Menu concept complete. Working on roster

NeverGoingBack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some knowledge of mugen and have ported versions to the xbox.

without people being able to customize it themselves chr,stages,sounds etc with out the user be able to add and subtract these things themselves. it would just be your own 2d fighter. not a bad thing, but not mugen.

like others have said you would just be remaking smash bros.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No offense or anything, but you simply can't declare that you are making a game and need a team BEFORE you've learnt how code. It just doesn't work, and it's not nearly as easy as it seems.

Here's the order you should be going in:
1. Learn the basics of coding and some of the intermediate skills. By the time you are finished, you should be able to understand something like this:
CODEint i;
ÂÂÂÂfor(i=0;i

XxRoxaSoraxX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can KIND of understand that code. I've been hearing a lot about the "New SMB 2 disaster", what happened

EDIT: by basic coding do you mean BASIC or the basics of C++

EDIT: I am learning C++ and using PAlib to code

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XxRoxaSoraxX said:
Yeah, but I would make it open source, and fairly easy to edit the character roster.

you can't just make it fairly easy to edit the roster. unless you made it so that all characters are generic, and have the same move set, specials, etc. it would be nearly impossible to make a simple editor. each character needs its own specific code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1