John Carmack Joins Oculus as CTO

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Gahars, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Gahars
    OP

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    The Oculus Rift, in case you've been avoiding gaming news/Kickstarter/fun, was a crowd funded project designed to finally realize the potential of virtual reality gaming. But hey, you don't have to take my word for it. You can take... well, my word for it.

John Carmack is the designer behind little known gems like Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein 3D, and not-Daikatana. Plus he helped pioneer 3D graphics, which is sort of neat, I suppose. So yeah, he's something of a big deal.

He's supported the Oculus Rift since the very beginning, and now it seems that he's taking that support to the next level.

:arrow:Oculus VR

Carmack offered a statement to go along with the announcement.

Considering his years of experience and expertise, Carmack is sure to be an invaluable asset to the team as the OR nears its official launch. The hype train is moving at feel speed right now, and it makes no stops.

For those still looking forward to the next Doom title (and for the masochists demanding more Rage), don't worry; Carmack isn't leaving that behind. He's a responsible, nice guy, so you can be sure that he will keep id, and his ego, in check.

Traversal likes this.
  2. Ryufushichou

Ryufushichou I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!

Mar 29, 2008
    Raimon Junior High
    Source link isn't Working for me.
    Anyway this is great, the Oculus is certainly interesting, I've been keeping my eyes on the stuff that's coming form the dev kits, some of it is rather interesting, especially that FPS that was matched up with the Hydra, Seems like a great idea, even if a little jerky. but it does make me wonder whats going to come now that Carmack is there, Bright days ahead for the Oculus Rift i feel.