Hacking Jig not working

Jayammi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i ordered a jig on ebay and was advised by the seller not to use it as it could damage my switch so i waited for a replacement and i cant get in RCM mode now...anything i can do to adjust it and make it work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,129

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure it hasn't damaged the pins on the rail?

Maybe try pushing the metal down a little more, there does look like a slight gap at the end, may just not be reaching it.

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I produce jigs like that. Try Bending up the Pins on the Jig. Insert a Needle half way beneth the Pin and bend the open end down. That way you will get a pin that is bended in a little arc. Should work after that.

And make sure both Pins are way to right and to the Left so that the Touch the Walls of the Jig. They sould only Touch 1 and 10

Last edited by NightStorm1000,
Reactions: Deleted User

Jayammi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You sure it hasn't damaged the pins on the rail?

Maybe try pushing the metal down a little more, there does look like a slight gap at the end, may just not be reaching it.
Im still able to connect my joy con in airplane mode which is a good sign

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I produce jigs like that. Try Bending up the Pins on the Jig. Insert a Needle half way beneth the Pin and bend the open end down. That way you will get a pin that is bended in a little arc. Should work after that.

And make sure both Pins are way to right and to the Left so that the Touch the Walls of the Jig. They sould only Touch 1 and 10
Im such a n00b is there a way you could show me in pictures please

Deleted member 191657

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So. To those who sell on eBay:
PRINT WITH RAFTS! If you don't you could get a slim first layer and no contact with the pins. You should also test what you sell beforehand: https://gbatemp.net/threads/jigtester-rcm-payload.504962

At any rate, bending the pins is not the perfect option. What I find works best is to use some kind of adhesive tape on the bottom to add thickness in a controlled manner. Start with one layer until it works.
Also the paperclip approach is not ideal. Just sayin'.

NightStorm1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
+1 to the Rafts. Even if its just 2 Layers. Bed Leveling is not always on Point with many Machines. Not even Probes get it entierly right. So yeah. First layer can be off

Also the Idea with Tape is nice. Didnt think of that. Have to remeber it thanks.

Reactions: Jayammi

Jayammi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah
So. To those who sell on eBay:
PRINT WITH RAFTS! If you don't you could get a slim first layer and no contact with the pins. You should also test what you sell beforehand: https://gbatemp.net/threads/jigtester-rcm-payload.504962

At any rate, bending the pins is not the perfect option. What I find works best is to use some kind of adhesive tape on the bottom to add thickness in a controlled manner. Start with one layer until it works.
Also the paperclip approach is not ideal. Just sayin'.
can i get some pics please or a guide

Jayammi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i plied off some of the plastic and bent the pins a little and managed to get it to work! Thanks to you guys :D:grog: time to dump my nand

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 789

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rafts are for noobs. A professional or advanced 3D printer user does not need that.

Auto Tramming fixes the bed level issues. Probes help but in the most popular firmware (Marlin) you can do Manual Bed Tramming or better yet, Unified Bed Leveling for the best results. A properly calibrated printer extrudes the exact amount of plastic in any layer including the first one.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i ordered a jig on ebay and was advised by the seller not to use it as it could damage my switch so i waited for a replacement and i cant get in RCM mode now...anything i can do to adjust it and make it work?
Probably the same that I have. I have to manually push it in from above, it doesn't quite make contact if it's just slid in . He said he'll send a new one but I didn't receive it yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...