OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
@[member='Jayenkai'] is a Homebrew developer. He has released a large amount of games for his website a game a week, where he had a full game up every Tuesday. He also released a bunch of titles for the NDS, including JNKPlat, Jay's Xwords, Munky Blocks DS, and Sheep Goes Left.

For those that do not know, Jay has been in and out of the hospital over the pat 6 months after a tumor was discovered between his brain and his spine.

Anyone who had the opportunity to talk to Jay found a true friend. Please, take a moment to drop him a line at his blog or on his Twitter, especially if you enjoy his games.

Blog Post
Twitter - @[member='Jayenkai']

-Another World

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
D: Oh noes. I only ever checked his website (rather infrequently), but that is terrible news :/.
This was so important that I wrote the first sentence of this post, then went to his blog to post before even finishing this post up.

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unexpected post! Thanks Another_World!
And thanks to everyone else, too.
Yeah, it's been a sucky few months, but hopefully I'm getting towards the end of it all, now, just in time for Doctor Who coming back ;)

More games once I'm capable :D

Reactions: 2 people

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Unexpected post! Thanks Another_World!
And thanks to everyone else, too.
Yeah, it's been a sucky few months, but hopefully I'm getting towards the end of it all, now, just in time for Doctor Who coming back ;)

More games once I'm capable :D

Nice to hear. Anyway for me to see the src JNKplat? Another World wanted me to port it to 3D. ;*)

We could work together if you like once you get better. I already have a working DS 3D engine.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/332740-the-start-of-a-3d-platformer/

Jayenkai

Makes Games
Trophies
Website
AGameAWeek.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Um, probably not for a JNKPlat game! I hold Platdude and his starring game very close to my heart. After all, he's my main Avatar all over the net, so ... Hopefully ... When people see him, they instantly think of me. (or Bart Simpson!). The game also has my nickname stapled to it.
As such, the game isn't just "some platformer", and is indeed very much "Jayenkai's Platformer"
You probably think that's a bad reason, but it's the reason I'm sticking to. JNKPlat is all Jayenkai!

Plus he's 15 years old, this year. I was aiming for a nice April 16th release date for a great big super edition this year. .. That plan got a bit sidetracked ;)
As for your 3D engine (I'd already had a nosey, when it got posted to the homepage the other day), I'm not sure it'd do much good for a JNKPlat game. Sure, you get that initial "woot! 3D! \o/yeay\o/" moment, but you then have to deal with everything being in the odd perspective for the rest of the game. Unless you give it a reason, it's just a gimmick, and ... Well.. Let's be honest. I'm too damn lazy to have to worry about that, when there's other coding to be done! AGameAWeek doesn't lend itself to gimmicky coding, merely odd coding ;). Trying out random things, as opposed to struggling to fit them in.

If you want to see what JNKPlat looks like in 3D, check out this!. It kinda works, but without a purpose to the 3D, came out all too gimmicky and wasted. There were much more important elements to work on, than getting chunky pixels to look moderately chunkier!

relminator

#AnyaBasic
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Um, probably not for a JNKPlat game! I hold Platdude and his starring game very close to my heart. After all, he's my main Avatar all over the net, so ... Hopefully ... When people see him, they instantly think of me. (or Bart Simpson!). The game also has my nickname stapled to it.
As such, the game isn't just "some platformer", and is indeed very much "Jayenkai's Platformer"
You probably think that's a bad reason, but it's the reason I'm sticking to. JNKPlat is all Jayenkai!

Plus he's 15 years old, this year. I was aiming for a nice April 16th release date for a great big super edition this year. .. That plan got a bit sidetracked ;)
As for your 3D engine (I'd already had a nosey, when it got posted to the homepage the other day), I'm not sure it'd do much good for a JNKPlat game. Sure, you get that initial "woot! 3D! \o/yeay\o/" moment, but you then have to deal with everything being in the odd perspective for the rest of the game. Unless you give it a reason, it's just a gimmick, and ... Well.. Let's be honest. I'm too damn lazy to have to worry about that, when there's other coding to be done! AGameAWeek doesn't lend itself to gimmicky coding, merely odd coding ;). Trying out random things, as opposed to struggling to fit them in.

If you want to see what JNKPlat looks like in 3D, check out this!. It kinda works, but without a purpose to the 3D, came out all too gimmicky and wasted. There were much more important elements to work on, than getting chunky pixels to look moderately chunkier!

No problem buddy. I'll just make this inot something else. ;*) But trust me, I kinda know my way around 3d.

http://rel.phatcode.net/index.php?action=contents&item=kart
http://rel.phatcode.net/junk.php?id=88
I hope you get well though and make more DS stuff. ;*)

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jay, I'm not too familiar with your games, but i try to be supportive of anyone who does homebrew or romhacking. I hope everything goes well for you.
Time to check out some of your work and keep you in my thoughts. :)

Reactions: 1 person

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Srrly there must be a fucking season for tumors...

My grandmother (Mom's mom) have got breast cancer this year and so did my step-grandmother. (breast cancer in both cases)
One of them already are as ill as she have lost all hair and maybe have 2-3 years left.

And now Jeyenkai too?
Conspiracy!

I hope you get better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You need a Tylenol pm