Japanese text support

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by garchomp4ever, Jul 25, 2012.

Jul 25, 2012

Japanese text support by garchomp4ever at 11:33 PM (468 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. garchomp4ever
    OP

Newcomer garchomp4ever Member

United States
    Is there any way I can make the Supercard display the names of Japanese roms properly? I have games like Pokemon Black 2 or some Naruto games that are displayed as dashes (ie "-------- ----- ----") instead of the Japanese name. I'm using the BlindeNebula skin if that matters. Can't post picture but http://fr.supercard.sc/forum/download/file.php?id=1835&mode=view is what it looks like.

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Change the actual rom filename?

3. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Nope. Now if you change SCDS2 menu's language into Chinese or other Asian language, it will display properly.

4. garchomp4ever
    OP

Newcomer garchomp4ever Member

United States
    That won't really work because if you look at the picture I posted, the filename on the bottom screen is "2735 Phoenix..." but on the top screen the rom info is displayed, which is the full game name "Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
    Trials and Tribulations" along with the developer "CAPCOM". My file names for Japanese games are the romanized words such as "Naruto Shippuden: Dairansen! Kage Bunshin Emaki" but the top screen only displays "Naruto ----- ------ -----". If what trumpet-205 said is right then I guess I have to live with it.