Hacking Japanese Roms Won't Work

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ensure you have AAP enabled as a system option. Also make sure you have the latest loaders from akaio.net/loaders

Also some specific examples with rom names and numbers would be helpful. However your issue sounds very peculiar. I'd recommend reformatting using the Panasonic SD formatter, reinstall 1.8.5 and re-test. Try 1.8.5a as well.

loco365

Trophies
XP
doyama said:
Ensure you have AAP enabled as a system option. Also make sure you have the latest loaders from akaio.net/loaders

Also some specific examples with rom names and numbers would be helpful. However your issue sounds very peculiar. I'd recommend reformatting using the Panasonic SD formatter, reinstall 1.8.5 and re-test. Try 1.8.5a as well.
I too had to use 1.8.5a. I didn't reformat my card, though. Try getting just the 1.8.5a and use that.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
List of things you can do:
- Use 1.8.5a
- Use the Panasonic formatter (make sure you backup everything before!)
- Go to the settings and turn Anti Piracy Bypass on.
- Re-install AKAIO. Who knows, some system files can be messed up.
If you've done ALL of these, it should work.
Good luck, and tell me what happens.

cubbychambers

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cubbychambers.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Kewl, it worked, but now I have another question (Sorry I forgot to add it in.)

People say that you can you can go all that way back to where you can select Slot 2 or SD card, and you can do some stuff on slot 2 to play GBA roms. IDK if thats possible or not but it won't show Slot 2. I'm not asking if its true or not, but why it doesn't show Slot 2, it used too.

Sorry if I suked at explaining this.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
cubbychambers said:
Kewl, it worked, but now I have another question (Sorry I forgot to add it in.)

People say that you can you can go all that way back to where you can select Slot 2 or SD card, and you can do some stuff on slot 2 to play GBA roms. IDK if thats possible or not but it won't show Slot 2. I'm not asking if its true or not, but why it doesn't show Slot 2, it used too.

Sorry if I suked at explaining this.

your first post said you are using a dsi? the dsi doesn't have the gba hardware. there is a bug in akaio, mostly due to how its checking for a slot-2, that causes the slot-2 icon to appear after the first load or after a soft-reset, etc. this doesn't mean that all of a sudden akaio things you dsi can play gba roms. you would need a ds phat or ds lite and a gba flash kit or expansion pack for that.

cheers,
-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...