Hacking Japanese characters supports

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I wonder if it's possible patch system menu or something in US/PAL Wiis to enable some japanese games show actual Japanese text, for example some Virtual Console games instead showing japanese characters it they show weird text.

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U and PAL Wii system menus were only designed for those regions, so no they do not have Japanese fonts.

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
AnyRegionChanger is an app that will allow you to set the Wii to use Japanese characters on a US Wii - I've done this for some games before but it won't work on every game for some reason.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
AnyRegionChanger is an app that will allow you to set the Wii to use Japanese characters on a US Wii - I've done this for some games before but it won't work on every game for some reason.

But you need setup your region to japanese, it will affect the shop and whatnot, I'm thinking keeping my region to US while having japenese character support, I'm not sure if you can do that with AnyRegionChanger...

Antidote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure it's possible, iirc the font uses the same name regardless of System Menu, and even if it didn't how would it know what font to load for a given channel?

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
But you need setup your region to japanese, it will affect the shop and whatnot, I'm thinking keeping my region to US while having japenese character support, I'm not sure if you can do that with AnyRegionChanger...

You can do that. You only need to change the language to Japanese for JP character support. You don't need to change it from USA for the console/game/shop regions for it to work. This does work as I did it on my USA Wii to play some JP games and the opposite on my JP Wii for US games.
Try it~ :)

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can do that. You only need to change the language to Japanese for JP character support. You don't need to change it from USA for the console/game/shop regions for it to work. This does work as I did it on my USA Wii to play some JP games and the opposite on my JP Wii for US games.
Try it~ :)

I did, it change the language to english and changed the font in WiiShop :P, but the problem with the font in VC arcade persisted, in the menu of for example Gaplus it shows weird simbols and characters, I guess Japanese consoles must have a different SysMenu that contains the correct japanese font format.
Thanks for the idea though :)

d.d.d.

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I did say that it didn't work for every game I tried but for most (DKCR was one I recall that didn't work). ;)
Gaplus was also released in NA+EU so why not try that version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...