Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

mightytp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi (first time posting here)
smile.gif

I'm right now looking at an e-mail thing on my wii about the 'The Check Mii Out Channel' and a new update.

I've got a JAP semi-bricked wii (semi-bricked with mario chargers and BBA) with no idea what modchip installed.

Could this be the end of my semi-bricked days?

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will prob need to get the JAP Mario Galaxy to unbrick your Wii. THen you can use Wifi to keep it up to date.

GusXP

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello!!!.... anyone knows if mario party 8 US... fifa2008 US... works on 3.1j without WiiBRickBlocker??
cause i m getting the Update from these games....i am fraid to semi brick or brick my wii...
thxxx in adv!!!

AWenthusiast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi d0ud0u!

I've tryed Resident evil umbrella chronicles NTSC-U on Japanese Wii Wiikey 1.9g 3.1j and it works great. The options menu and the sound (voice overs) are in english but some notices (such as tutorial) are in japanese however that's no problem in order for u to enjoy the game. It's a fun game for a rail shooter especially if u play in company.

Cheers!

AWenthusiast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Has there been any development on the modding scene about flashing the Wii with a different firmware? So for example what stops us from flashing a Japanese Wii to US or PAL, I would assume that there are no hardware differences since that would rise up manufacturing costs for Nintendo and also at first I thought that the consoles come with "read-only" firmware chips but since the firmware gets updates that doesn't seem to be the case. I ran across some websites where it's been mentioned that there are dumps of the firmware but that its not possible to see yet which sectors represent what (firmware, saves, etc.) or do anything useful with them. Also someone mentioned recently that the newly discovered maintenance mode might have opened some new backdoors for modding and homebrew scene.
Just post if u got any ideas or comments on this topic!

Cheers!

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, does anyone know if ther is a good guide anwyehre for setting up your jap wii if you dont know jap? Like setting up wifi and the mii and all that shit. What the channels are etc.

mroseneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I semi-bricked my Wii by using the USA Super Mario Galaxy. I didn't know that the US version was leaked before the release date, and assuming that it was the Japanese version installed the update. Anyways, I am a dumb ass
frown.gif

Does anyone know a way to unbrick this? Are there any games out that have the 3.1J update. Also, will reformatting my Wii get rid of the duplicate channels?

NoNameFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
No. this answer to all your questions.

you bricked your wii with the us verion of smg which contains 3.1u firmware so to unbrick your wii you have to have a game that has newer firmware than 3.1j. (i could be wrong.)

and by formatting your wii is not gonna remove the dupe channels.
dont bother trying.

mwaddoups

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone just confirm for me that on a NTSC-J console, the only way of playing Super Mario Galaxy (without the 1.9g update or similar) is by buying the ORIGINAL NTSC-J game - I need to know that the NTSC-U and PAL ORIGINAL games do not work.

1ns4nity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NTSC-U/PAL copies (backup/real) of mario galaxy will not work on your JAP Wii. As usual it is a region problem and has nothing to do with the extra game protection on SMG. However, if you are really desperate to know for sure, do buy a copy and tell us if it was money well spent
smile.gif

moochme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone tried out Trauma Centre - New Blood NTSC-U? WikiTemp lists it as having "Japanese content" - does that mean everything is in Japanese or just some bits are in Japanese?

ricflairandy

Trophies
XP
Country
i was going to post the exact same question as above.

Is there some sort of list that tells us the games that are in jap and have no english option. And how playavle they are? Im also wanting cooking mama and disney princess.

How playable is jap cooking mama? And i hope the jap disney princes will be playable.

We need real region free!!!
biggrin.gif

kikam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
new blood is all in japanese :/ it really sucks , i hope the wiikey team can find a way to block the language finding code, so we can play smg in english and new blood as well
frown.gif
( otherwise im selling my jap wii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol