Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

einstein

Trophies
XP
Country
hello all, has anyone tried running Wii Music (PROMiNENT) in 3.2J Japanese wii with D2CKey?? it says in the Wii Region Patcher Compatibility List: NTSC-J that Wii Music works on 3.3J with WBB.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello everyone!

I have a problem running US Mario Kart on my 3.2j Wii. the same black screen right after launching the game!
I read through this thread and realized that I need 3.1j v2 to run this game. I actually updated my Wii using WuM to current firmware that is 3.2j-B so I was wondering if it's possible to install the previous firmwares like 3.1j v2 needed for Mario Kart on it?
I thought 3.2j-b would work fine but it didn't...
Thanks in advance.

stuffed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hey guys...
been off the wii scene for long time now...

is there actually a working way to change menu language from JAP->ENG yet?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
update to usa version wiikey first i think

ask around more or search

Rushhour77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
!!I take no responsebility on using AnyRegionChanger or anything else!!
I took the risk and it worked.

I've just used AnyRegion changer yesterday on my jap Wii. After some tweaking it worked like a charm.
I already had WiiKey and HBC installed. I've downloaded AnyRegionChanger, Latest WiiKey US update iso, Latest WiiKey US Config iso.
First I've updated my wiikey with latest US update.
Then I used the HBC to launch AnyRegionChanger and set everything to US or NTSC and SAVED it. I also set system menu to US and let AnyRegionChanger update my Wii to US system.
At first my disc couldn't be read or started with black screen.
After I've used the wiikey US config disc to set region override ON, drive speed 3x everything worked again and best of all, the WiiWare games are in english!

Offcourse I didn't test all my dvd games, I've tested WiiPlay, WiiSports and PangyaGolf.

P.s. U don't need a gamecube controller to use Wiikey config disc. Use the reset button on the console, short press = change selection, hold = select.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
psxgamer said:
Hello everyone!

I have a problem running US Mario Kart on my 3.2j Wii. the same black screen right after launching the game!
I read through this thread and realized that I need 3.1j v2 to run this game. I actually updated my Wii using WuM to current firmware that is 3.2j-B so I was wondering if it's possible to install the previous firmwares like 3.1j v2 needed for Mario Kart on it?
I thought 3.2j-b would work fine but it didn't...
Thanks in advance.

Hi psxgamer! I got the PAL version of Mario Kart Wii to work on my Jap Wii (3.1J_v2). Since you are already on 3.2J make sure you brick block the PAL iso and you may also have to remove the 001 error. I think I read somewhere that US Mario Kart does not work on a Jap Wii. Hope this helps!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Here are the exact steps I followed:
1) Got the PAL iso
2) Downloaded 3.1J_v2 (since I was on 3.1J)
3) Replaced the PAL update with 3.1J_v2 on the iso

That's it! I accepted the update and it worked!
If the brickblocked version does not work for you maybe you can try replacing the PAL update with the 3.1J_v2 update. Make sure you keep a backup of your original PAL iso because inserting the update after brickblocking DOES NOT work. You have to REPLACE the original update in WuM.

Get 3.1J_v2 here

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Rushhour77 said:
!!I take no responsebility on using AnyRegionChanger or anything else!!
I took the risk and it worked.

I've just used AnyRegion changer yesterday on my jap Wii. After some tweaking it worked like a charm.
I already had WiiKey and HBC installed. I've downloaded AnyRegionChanger, Latest WiiKey US update iso, Latest WiiKey US Config iso.
First I've updated my wiikey with latest US update.
Then I used the HBC to launch AnyRegionChanger and set everything to US or NTSC and SAVED it. I also set system menu to US and let AnyRegionChanger update my Wii to US system.
At first my disc couldn't be read or started with black screen.
After I've used the wiikey US config disc to set region override ON, drive speed 3x everything worked again and best of all, the WiiWare games are in english!

Offcourse I didn't test all my dvd games, I've tested WiiPlay, WiiSports and PangyaGolf.

P.s. U don't need a gamecube controller to use Wiikey config disc. Use the reset button on the console, short press = change selection, hold = select.

So from now on do have to update your Wii with Jap firmware or USA firmware?

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
bowser said:
Here are the exact steps I followed:
1) Got the PAL iso
2) Downloaded 3.1J_v2 (since I was on 3.1J)
3) Replaced the PAL update with 3.1J_v2 on the iso

That's it! I accepted the update and it worked!
If the brickblocked version does not work for you maybe you can try replacing the PAL update with the 3.1J_v2 update. Make sure you keep a backup of your original PAL iso because inserting the update after brickblocking DOES NOT work. You have to REPLACE the original update in WuM.

Get 3.1J_v2 here
Thanks bowser!
So I'll download 3.1v2 and PAL mario kart, hope it works!
And thanks for the link!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
everytime i boot it with geckoos 1.07a it only ends with a blank screen

anyone got this to work?
special configurations/versions?

it is backup and i have a outdated and unupdateable modchip so i use gecko os to avoid error 001.

i tried force to english, force ntsc, vidtvpatch, hook type vi/wii pad yet everything results to a black screen

hhhhhheeeeeeellllllllppppppp please?

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
bowser said:
psxgamer said:
Thanks bowser!
So I'll download 3.1v2 and PAL mario kart, hope it works!
And thanks for the link!

Glad to help. Let me know if it works. Or I may be able to help if you hit any other problem.
Hello again Bowser!
I tried to download the 3.1jv2 and what appears to be on WUM website for the download link is a torrent one! and the good thing is no one is hosting the file!!
smile.gif

Is there any direct link available for 3.1jv2 ? or could you please upload the file somewhere?
Thanks!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Whoa! Did it take you this long to get MK PAL? Are you on dial-up? Anyway, you can get the 3.1J_v2 firmware on RapidShare. The file is in 2 parts (in WinRAR format). Here are the links:

Link1
Link2

(Just unzip the first one and it will automatically unzip both into a single file. If you already knew that, never mind.
smile.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT