Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
baseline007 said:
ive got homebrew channel up and running now after a few hours of google and patience.. Its kinda pretty cool.. Thanks to the makers.... With regards to Alone in the dark.. Im in the process of currently getting the game atm. I just want a heads up for anybody who got it working.. Its nearly done anyway, will experiment and/or apply all the blocks and patches and stuff.. Then I'll let y'all know...

From the wiki (which idiots like pandastew have probably never contributed to, EVER!):

Alone in The Dark (MOMENT) (working) Tested on 3.2J with WUM (Wii Update Manager)

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I go to the game channel, my JAP wii doesnt recognizes the bushing's disc but I did get double channel of the blue and green world map looking channel.

and u know what bubbleboy, have you yourself contributed? because it seem like you wanted some1 else to do it first and take the risk while you spamming away begging people to tell you if it work or not. You made this into something wayyyy bigger than it should have been. all I said was not to repeat yourself every post.

People understand that you wanted to know if alone in the dark works on Jap wii without spamming:

" Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?"Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?

every single post...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
no extract the wads from the disc iso using trucha then install via wad installer

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
!@#$ all (most) games work with gecko os why dont you just boot from there?

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey jan777 when u say Gecko OS are you talking about this one? http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2059
so which file do I load? and will this works on jap wii right? cuz it seem like they are talking about PAL wii... and it seem that they made a version for bootable disk that works for Mod chipped wii do you know which file to use? and do you have to buy any equipment to use gecko?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
the gecko os was aimed at bubble boy

but you can use hbc version there its there but you stil need the update

heres a step by step confirmed working by me as i already unlocked marth and i forgot the other one (25% on SSE)

rip the wads from bushings discb (iso) using trucha
*system menu v288
*ios 36

NOTE: make sure you download the japanese iso

install it using the wad installer

you should have 3.2j wii now

put your SSBB in the wii

it should ask for an update

click on ok and i accept(the japanese ones of course)

let the update finish(you WILL NOT GET BRICKED)
but may get duplicate channels

then assuming you dont have error 001 problems like i do just click start on the disc channel

-----------------
alternate for error 001 problems

boot it through gecko os with
english language
forced ntsc
vid tv on

sometimes the gecko may hang during launching the game but try and try

--------------

if you didnt install the upadate from the disc game will not load even through gecko os

---------------

you need the usbgecko if you want to hack games

but if you just need region free nothing to buy

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so gecko os will allow me to keep any trucha signed games? or is it with the gecko region free I no longer need to trucha sign my games to switch region language to English? and also to install the gecko OS I would need to install the homebrew channel right? and I also have already updated my JAP Wii with 3.1J_V2 dump file for WuM so I think bushing disk is no longer needed since it only works up to 3.2J right? if I do decide to still go with bushing's semibrick disc fix, what wad installer should I install? http://wii.ds-scene.net/?s=viewtopic&nid=3080 ? and I have Twilight princess USA game burned. will I need the original disc to be able to get the code? o and what will happen if you place the wrong rzde.bin file? will it just not load up or will it brick your wii? cuz i dont know if my backed up Zelda TP game is rzde0 or rzde2

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pandastew said:
when I go to the game channel, my JAP wii doesnt recognizes the bushing's disc but I did get double channel of the blue and green world map looking channel.

and u know what bubbleboy, have you yourself contributed? because it seem like you wanted some1 else to do it first and take the risk while you spamming away begging people to tell you if it work or not. You made this into something wayyyy bigger than it should have been. all I said was not to repeat yourself every post.

People understand that you wanted to know if alone in the dark works on Jap wii without spamming:

" Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?"Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?Anyone gotten Alone in the Dark PAL working on a JAP console yet?

every single post...

calm down buddy.. two or three posts!

and i've contributed to the wiki many, many, many times! just not for PAL games.

like i said... calm down, grab a can of coke, and stfu!

pandastew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks jan I got the HBC and WAD installer to work. HBC let me play games that I had that never worked before so its really cool now. but do you know if the HBC have a way to save the setting on Gecko OS since the configuration of language to English, force NTSC, and VIDTV on doesnt seem to save everytime you turn off the Wii so I had to keep going to the setup screen and turn those settings on manually everytime?

and with regard to the extraction of wads from the bushing semidisc fix using wad installer, I have activated the wad installer using TP hack and it works and say that I have successfully install the wads files but how do I know if I have bushing semibrick fix on my wii? since I can not see any difference between before and after wad installations.

wiister

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi i'm new here... would like to know if i can play online with others on my jap wii... do i just need to exchange friend codes to play together?

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
well check your config menu if your at 3.2j and you may also have a clock now

i noticed the changes because i updated from 2.0j then direct to semibrck fix

if you are at 3.2j

just update from the disc fully it might go slow but it wont brick

just make sure you installed it esspecially the systemmenu v288

then use gecko os or disc channel

-------------

@wiister

i think so

not really sure as i dont have wifi
---------------

@gecko os theres no way to save settings yet as its very beta (first release)

NinjaBoyLao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still confused with Bricking from specific game's Updates.

If my Wii's Firmware is always updated through Wifi, do I have to worry about certain game's Updates to brick my wii? or as long as I updated thru Wifi, I'm safe?

My Firmware is currently 3.3J BTW(yes I'm hardcore)

thanks.

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
as long as you have the latest you wont brick but may get dual channels

moisty12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

Just signed up to forum but bought a modded jap Wii (used to have a PAL Wii) for cheapness so keen to follow thread regards updates/patching etc.

I'd say i'm a newbie but so far so good got House of the dead AND Boom blox both pal working no probs.

Couldn't get Boom box NTSC_U to work but followed instructions for the PAL version and it works great without freeloader which is a bit weird as patcher list says it needs it ( Had to burn a 2x as got black screen early on in game )

Anyways not sure if this is the correct place to ask for list to be updated but i D/L battle of the bands (PAL) and just W.B.B and works perfect.

Just D/L and W.B.B PAL beach party to see if it plays ( will post as soon as i've tried it! )

Hope list stays alive ( been so helpfull ) and i'm posting in correct place :-)

Fogot to say no idea of chip but running 3.2J firmware

If i've said anything wrong or in wrong place please let me know

Cheers

John

P.S sorry for being to sooo long winded just trying to find my feet :-)

moisty12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Me again,

Sorry for last post ment to say Big beach sports PAL.MULTI5 XXX, just W.B.B and plays fine ( again please add to list )

Also Battle of the bands i mentioned in last post is Battle of the Bands PAL_WII_ZRY (just W.B.B)

Hope this is usefull as i didn't see them on NTSC_J patcher list

Cheers

John

Dnestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's very easy to add things to the list on your own.

just a quick question too... I've never tried or even looked into it, but does the NTSC-U mario kart channel work on the Jap Wii?

And has anyone seen any work on making English versions of channels (weather, mii creator, etc) with homebrew for a Jap Wii?

d0rit0s

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi i have a weird problem with my wii
i bought it premodded and i dont know what modchip it has
but it works pretty well....i used the generic wii patcher to patch my games
like SSBB and mario galaxy and they all worked great but now my wii wont
read them
frown.gif
it gives the read disc error
but the weird thing is that all my other games that i havent patched with the
generic patcher still work....all the games i patched stopped working
frown.gif

jan777

Trophies
XP
Country
d0rit0s said:
hi i have a weird problem with my wii
i bought it premodded and i dont know what modchip it has
but it works pretty well....i used the generic wii patcher to patch my games
like SSBB and mario galaxy and they all worked great but now my wii wont
read them
frown.gif
it gives the read disc error
but the weird thing is that all my other games that i havent patched with the
generic patcher still work....all the games i patched stopped working
frown.gif

you updated to 3.3 yes?

because of that the patched ones which are also trucha signed will not work anymore

boot through gecko os if you can boot homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Happy Birthday! :hrth::toot: +1