Hacking JAP Wii users guide v2

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
Leoking said:
i got my wii semi-bricked after the Wii Chess update =/

anyone know how to unbrick it?

I was thinking the latest games might help. Mario Kart Wii JPN or Wii Fit JPN. The thing is, it has to have a higher update version than Wii Chess in order to de-brick it, not too sure whether it has a higher update though.

If not, the only other way I can think of is to update via online.

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
zelgadis said:
Heya~
I have a question. I have one of the later/latest japanese wii releases. It is not modded at all. I want to just be able to play backup japanese games, i dont care about US releases as I have a US wii at home also. Is wiikey the only way still? Or will this not work with a japanese wii....like I stated before I just want to play only japanese backups on my japanese wii.

When you said latest japanese wii release, I'm guessing you mean wii console yea? I heard something about new consoles having the D2C chip which will require a D2C modchip instead of the normal WiiKeys to work.

zelgadis

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I ment the wii console. I bought it about 2 months ago here in Japan. So are there D2C modchips out? Or are they any good on updates, etc.?

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
zelgadis said:
Yes I ment the wii console. I bought it about 2 months ago here in Japan. So are there D2C modchips out? Or are they any good on updates, etc.?

I'm actually no expert in this. But do have a look at these threads. It might help.
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=67049
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=66719
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=59747
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=54945
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77260

storyfolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys i confirm it, Mario Kart Wii(NTSC-U) works flawlessly on my 3.1J wii, wiikey 1.9s, WiiBrickBlocker 1.3..
(maybe it doesn't even need the WBB but i haven't tested it yet, i'm already happy with the results)

If you could place this info on the Wii Region Patcher Comaptibility List for NTSC-J that would be great!! Thanks!!
biggrin.gif

mamotz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
storyfolds

have you tried downloading the latest data on the mk channel to enable the competitions? Cause i tried them on PAL MK and it gives an error so i realy cant play the competitions.

Leoking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ashesburn said:
Leoking said:
i got my wii semi-bricked after the Wii Chess update =/

anyone know how to unbrick it?

I was thinking the latest games might help. Mario Kart Wii JPN or Wii Fit JPN. The thing is, it has to have a higher update version than Wii Chess in order to de-brick it, not too sure whether it has a higher update though.

If not, the only other way I can think of is to update via online.

Mario Kart and Smash doesn't work >

mufafa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for there to be a forum (or subsection) in GBATemp - just for Japanese Wii users?

It seems a bit difficult for us to be scanning through 30 page threads everytime we want to see if a particular game is working alright. I know we have the wiki, but it'd be good for us to just have an convenient and structured place to hold our discussions.

Looking forward to seeing else who agrees. Thanks!

(Btw, just for clarification - I won my Jap Wii at a lucky draw in Asia. They main prize was a Jap machine - I guess because the USA machines were significantly more expensive at the time. So I didn't really have a choice in the matter - I have to stick with trying to make sense of Japanese instructions, as well as looking up wikis and forums everytime I want to see if I can play an English game.

A forum/subgroup for all Japanese Wii users would be extremely convenient for all of us, imho.
)

ps. Is it possible to change the region of a Japanese Wii yet? I've been playing Mario Kart recently and would love to be able to play against ppl on my own continent. The default seems to place me in Europe somewhere.

storyfolds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mario kart channel from Mario Kart Wii (NTSC-U) doesn't also work, i also get black screen with japanese instructions.. anyone made the channel work on NTSC-J??

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
if anybody has tried,,does an original SMG works with an up to date japan wii?

Kingfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so i have a Single Layer (and completely functioning) NTSC-U SSBB. What do i need to do now for it to be playable? I have already updated my Wii firmware with the Jap 3.1v2 update, am i fine to just brickblock it and go?

I have d2ckey btw.

Jebs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kingfield said:
Okay, so i have a Single Layer (and completely functioning) NTSC-U SSBB. What do i need to do now for it to be playable? I have already updated my Wii firmware with the Jap 3.1v2 update, am i fine to just brickblock it and go?

I have d2ckey btw.

I installed the update from SSBB (JP) then just brickblocked SSBB (US). Ran fine without any problems.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingfield said:

I have d2ckey btw.

if it's single layer, is it really completely functioning, and not crippled? if so, pls let me know, my wii doesn't like d9's.. ta!

poke50uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pangaya Golf with Style PAL
contains update.. removed with WBB..
truncha'd + region patched
D2C wii reconizes disk.. but black screen/crash on load.. unresponive wiimote
wii fine after hard reset
not a bad burn
look like something new -
apparent only had 3.2E on

ashesburn

Trophies
XP
Country
mufafa said:
Does SSBB (PAL or NTSC-USA) work for on Jap Wii (Wiikey)?

If so, does it need to be dual layer?

I have a SSBB NTSC-U Dual Layer and it works on my Jap Wii with WiiKey.

I've heard that scrubbed Single Layer versions worked as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo