stuffed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
miz1q2w3e said:
Help me! Don't ignore meeeeeeeee!

does your wii acts wierd? i mean ejects discs and pulls them back?
anyhow... i think you should try recovering again, search the forum for a guide..
i had a problem with my wii, and recovering using 1.9b helped... make sure you use dvd-r.

p.s
and stop reposting 901784072081740281 times... people who can help, will help you eventually... whining doesnt usually help
lecture.gif

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed, PAL Mario Kart Wii is working on Jap Wii.

Imgburn
3.2J Wii
Wiikey 1.9g

I first used WBB to remove the update then burnt to disc. Do this otherwise you will get dual channels.

Tip: Use re-writables that way you won't waste media
smile.gif

I also updated first from when i played Jap SSBB

mercantigo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
knet2020 said:
donchen said:
I can't play Mario Kart Wii!

Using Jap Wii with D2CKey. Firmware 3.2J.

Burn with Verbatim DVD-R @ 4x with ImgBurn.

I just WBB it and then burn it. The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just show a black screen. And it just stays there. Any idea ?

Same here for me, I tried a few different approaches using:

1 - Wii RegionPatch + WBB > JPN = The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just shows a black screen.
2 - WiiFrii + WBB > JPN > English = The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just shows a black screen.
3 - Wii RegionPatch + WBB > PAL = The Mario Kart icon showed but when clicked. Just shows a black screen.

I have just used Wankinio Dup Channel Remover and see IOS35 would this cause any issues for MK?

Looks like I'll have to be patient and wait for a JPN version :-(

Same here. Wiikey 1.9s+3.1J+D2B

It`s so strange. Tried with a DVD-RW and DVD-R. The icon appear, in japanese, but it locks up on load.
It`s not the scrubbed version.

Edit: for those who is getting the same error (black screen) as me, did you made the Mario Galaxy update? I`m starting to think that all the people who doesn`t made the SMG update and is blocking the Mario`s Kart update with WBB is getting this problem.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@mercantigo:

I believe its the update too. I did not play SSBB and therefore did not update through SSBB.
I am playing SMG but i did WBB it so that it did not update also.

I highly suspect people that got it to work is because they did SSBB update or SMG update therefore got Mario Kart Wii to work.

I did do a System update through the internet though but still fail to work.

mercantigo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Donchen, i`m downloading the SMG NTSC-J version, and I will try to make the update. But I dont know if i`ll be prompted with the update screen, since i uploaded my wiikey to 1.9s and the 1.9 config disc isn`t working (maybe fake modchip? dunno...), and i think that the Wiikey`s update blocker is ON by default. Well, let`s see...

At the maxconsole foruns, they reported that NTSC-U users that made the Wii Chess update wasn`t prompted for the Update Screen in MK.

shredman

Trophies
XP
Country
hi donchen

i'm not sure if smg and ssbb updates contain files other than the firmware
update but i did update my jpn wii with both updates from my region.
i used a jpn smg and jpn ssbb and on 3.1j with 1.9g wiikey mkwii works great

hope thats of help to you

SHREDMAN

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
@shredman

Cheers, thanks for your input.

I am posting this on other forums hoping for more feedback and help. If most users that are getting this screen is because they didn't play SMG or SSBB then probably we will need to do an update.

mercantigo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Well

Donchen and i was chatting on MSN and we reach this clue:

Mario kart have 3.1E_v2 fimware version.
Probably, NTSC-J users that can play MK made the SSBB NTSC-J update ( 3.1J_v2)

EDIT:

Almost sure is that. It`s the same problem that the NTSC-U users had with SSBB J. Anyone who have the SSBB NTSC-J have the __update.inf could replace with the __update.inf from Mario Kart and run

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I can obtain the __update.inf from the Japanese version of SSBB and trucha sign it in the partition the USA version have and run the update when it boots in the Wii, it will make SSBB-USA work?

Or do I need to burn the Japanese version of SSBB and run the update to get the USA version to work?

I am trying to avoid downloading another 8gb of data.

Thanks.

michael_rayn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, i would like to seek some help i actually have a ssbb ntsc-j dvd9 dump and i own a wii ntsc-j
i wanna ask if i want to have a dvd5 version of ssbb ntsc-j i just need to do this steps?

1.wiiscrub the dvd9 to have a dvd5
2.burn the scrubed iso without any patch

and can i add is it safe to update from the scrubed dvd5 version of ssbb ntsc-j to wii ntsc-j
will this have dual channel or not.
im really confused about the procedure cause of the steps done on a ssbb ntsc-us.

thanks in advance

wert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Any chance of anyone posting the __update.inf from SSBB J. I would like to try and confirm if it works.

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
michael_rayn said:
hi, i would like to seek some help i actually have a ssbb ntsc-j dvd9 dump and i own a wii ntsc-j
i wanna ask if i want to have a dvd5 version of ssbb ntsc-j i just need to do this steps?

1.wiiscrub the dvd9 to have a dvd5
2.burn the scrubed iso without any patch

and can i add is it safe to update from the scrubed dvd5 version of ssbb ntsc-j to wii ntsc-j
will this have dual channel or not.
im really confused about the procedure cause of the steps done on a ssbb ntsc-us.

thanks in advance

It is definitely safe to update a NTSC-J SSBB on a Jap Wii.
I am prettu sure the steps that u mentioned will work. because after all you are working on a SSBB that is in the same region as your Wii.

Do you think you can share the SSBB NTSC-J version of update.inf ?

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then I guess what I thought was correct then I take it.

Guys, I assume we just use the __update.inf in trucha SSBB USA iso and replace and sign it right?

This way when it runs the update on the wii game channel it will use the japanese update instead?

So yeh we need the update and will save us another huge download!

NinjaB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Donchen, but has anyone with a japanese wii tried this?

Also, why did you and the other guy want the update.inf from the japanese disc?

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
because i want to do what you are gonna do. I have the NTSC-U version of SSBB but DO NOT have NTSC-J version of SSBB. so i will like to try your method of doing.

Gokou282

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I also confirm that my jap wii is updated with SSBB Jap update. I hope this solves your problem.

Do not update with PAL Mario kart as you will get dual channels (but you can always remove them with the Dual Channel removed provided by waninko)

Mario Kart Channel Problem:
I get a "Japanese" Mario kart channel after I install it. When i try to access it I get a black screen with small white writing in the middle. I then have to power down. Does anyone encounter this, know what this means and how do we fix it?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game