Jam with the band

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by suruz, May 28, 2010.

May 28, 2010

Jam with the band by suruz at 6:43 PM (6,682 Views / 0 Likes) 28 replies

1. suruz
    OP

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Okay, so thanks to the amazing YWG, Jam with the Band is finally working on my R4!! WHOO [​IMG]

Anyway, the song selection that you begin with is a bit limited, so I was wondering if/how I could add custom songs??

I tried downloading from the Wi-Fi section in the game, but I dont think it works using a flashcard >: (As far as I know)

So could someone give any help/a tutorial on how to add those .bdx songs to my save please??? I have no idea where to start :wtf:

Any help would be appreciated [​IMG]

EDIT: Oh and I downloaded a tool called Degausser - but

1) Does it work with the english JWTB
    2) How do I use it with my existing SAV?

(See the post below for an explanation)

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    you can always hum your favorite songs into your DS.

3. Inunah

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    I'm not sure about the Degausser with JWTB. Try BDXTool from here. Once you get there, press ctrl + f and search for 'bdxtool'. Download the link that gets highlighted from that. When it's on your computer, double click it and you'll see a code. Copy that and put it in the thing under the link for bdxtool, and click get, it'll give you something else. Put it in the same directory as bdx tool, and then you'll be able to use it.

Afterwards, put all of your songs where you'll be able to find them.
    Then open bdxtool and go to file>open sav and it'll let you pick your existing save. I haven't tried this with .nds.sav, so rename it to .sav for now. Now, click import and it's self explanatory from there.

It's a bit slower to use than the Degausser, but I think it's a bit better because the previews sound closer to the ingame quality and if you pick the wrong songs you can delete them from the save file.

Be warned, though. You can only place songs in the first 50 slots. Anything after the first 50 slots won't show up in the game.

Also, if a thing pops up saying something about no bdx chunk in save and asking if you want to continue, click yes. It'll add the songs to the save regardless of whatever it said it couldn't find.

Also, Japanese songs that have japanese lyrics and/or a japanese title will need to be fixed. Japanese characters can't show in JWTB. Tip: Just download the BDX mega pack from the JTWB discussion thread, I think most of the songs have translated names for convenience.

You COULD try the degausser to put songs into your custom song slots instead of download slots (you get 50 dl slots and 50 custom song slots), so you have 100 songs of your choice, but I don't know if it'll work.

4. suruz
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks a lot! I used that bdxtool thing with my savefile and added about 25 songs and it worked perfectly! (Found some BDX-megapack somewhere, which is where I got the songs from [​IMG])

The only thing is - the songs seem damn hard for a noob to the game like me! I think I just need practise though because I've been getting an 80+ score for songs I know or roughly know [​IMG]

The karaoke thing said I was most suited to blues or something... o__O And i sang terribly on a song I didnt know, lol

EDIT:
    Ah yeah, that BDX mega pack was the one I used for the songs. But for any japanese songs, it shows weird symbols in the karaoke lyrics..

Not that I would try singing any japanese song, so it's fine xD

5. Inunah

United States
    Well, i'm turning all Japanese lyrics into romaji for the songs i've got, if you're interested. I've just got Happy Material fixed up right now, but I'll be doing that for all the songs I have. :3

6. suruz
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes pleaaase, I love that song :3 lol

Lemme know if you do any more as well

Oh and has anyone uploaded the downloadable songs from THIS game (the english version)?? All I could find was the Daigasso BBDX songs, along with the pre-loaded songs from this game.

7. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    i was the one who figured that out.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

8. suruz
    OP

United Kingdom
    Figured what out? How to romanize the songs?

Btw thank god you can actually inject songs, I only like a few of the songs that come with the game >_>

Even so, I wouldnt mind getting the actual downloadable content for the english release. Baw... >:

9. basher11

United States
    the one who knew that you can insert songs

10. Rubedo

Member Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

United States
    Wait, BDX Tool can only load 50 songs on JWTB and not 100?

11. basher11

United States
    only 50. which sucks..

12. Rubedo

Member Rubedo Aikawa is OLEV

United States
    Ahaha, so finally I'll have an advantage by being a CycloDS user! I can have multiple saves accessable from the menu!
    Either way, either BDX Tool or Degausser needs to be updated...

13. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Hmm... could someone link me to this BDX Megapack?

14. basher11

United States
    check rubedo's sig

15. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Ah. Thank you.

16. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Acekard users also have that advantage (maybe Wood R4 users too).

17. suruz
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yep, Wood R4 has an option to to store multiple save files from the menu as well.

Although I dont really need to use it.. Meh, 50 slots is more than enough for me :/

Also, when I use bdxtool, all the songs go into my 'custom' slots anyway and not the d/l slots.

Not a huge problem, I'm just glad I can play them ;D

EDIT: No one has the eng downloadable songs in .bdx right?? I mean the ones for JWtB. Just checking [​IMG]

18. Inunah

United States
    Well, if you can possibly use the Degausser, you can insert into your custom songs thing instead of download slots, letting you put up to 100 more songs in the game than BDXtool...

But I don't know if you can use the Degausser....

19. sword414

Member sword414 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    degausser wont work. you have to use it with your old japanese 8mb sav and then run it on your flashcart with the automatic save detection so it gets converted to 32mb which would then work. You have to go through the tutorial and stuff though... EVERYTIME. which is why im still playing the japanese version.

20. suruz
    OP

United Kingdom
    I'm just using Jam with the Band, which runs flawlessly.. Jeez, do people really NEED 100 slots? If you want to play more songs that badly, just keep multiple saves?

I would rather have an english version with half the songs than a japanese version with more -___-

And I would love to add some romaji/romanized lyrics to songs myself, if only I knew how....