Hacking Jailbreak-safe retail PS3?

Moose13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are all of the retail units still at firmware 3.41 and below, or are some of the new units shipping 3.42+ (not jailbreakable)?

I'm looking at the 250GB on Newegg for $319.

I also already ordered P3Go

Is this jailbreak device good?

Reactions: 1 person

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
P3go look very nice.
I bought my ps3 yesterday and its on 3.40.
it would be worth it to buy it locally just to be safe and be able to return it if it was not the good firmware
also you should look into the fact that 99$ more for 590 more gb is better than 20$ more for 80 more gb

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
I'm sure people will figure out a better hack or a way to downgrade firmware soon enough, wouldn't worry too much about it unless you plan to pirate and do nothing else

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
It took the community almost 4 years to figure out a way to hack the PS3; the xbox360 is still hard to hack don't count on a new hack. On top of that the something in the ps3 chip that will brick it if you downgrade (read that somewhere maybe here). But the good news is that there is over 40 millions hackable console out there. Jailbreak will be block by hardware in the next months.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the only way the jailbreak can be blocked is by a firmware update which is software not hardware. sony are not going to come round everyone's house with a pre 3.41 ps3 and change a piece of hardware to stop you using the jailbreak. it will alwayds be software that will do the job such as 3.50 firmware update (which is not working so well) at the moment. the new sony firmware blocks all use of 3rd party usb dongles, so the jailbreak does not work anymore. unless someone finds the signing keys for sony and signs the usb dongle as a sony product it will probably work unless there are furthur checks. hardware is not an option..........................sudeki300

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.