J-SS Pokemon Cloning Problem - (custom .dat, old patch)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Zombie_Fetus, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Zombie_Fetus
    OP

Newcomer Zombie_Fetus Member

United States
    I'm using one of the original patches for Pokemon SS, about a week after the game was initially released, and before the whole drama between patchers.
    The game code was changed with the patch, and because the .dat Cheat Database hasn't updated at that time, someone released a pokemon.dat that I personally hacked to match the game code.
    The codes have worked perfectly for months. Until I beat all of the Gyms...

I've been using "Hold R while repositioning Pokemon to Clone" cheat, it has worked up until I got all the gyms, I turned off all cheats besides this and it continues to refuse to work.

I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Or if it's the patch itself? And if there's a simplistic way to change the code?

I've now beat the entire game legitly and would like to trade over some legendaries, by cloning them, so I have one on two games.

2. Zombie_Fetus
    OP

Newcomer Zombie_Fetus Member

United States
    Every other code seems to work...
    I'm just pissed one of the most convenient one stops working all of a sudden. [​IMG]

3. Whooosh

Member Whooosh GBAtemp Regular

Ireland
    ok, either the code is wrong. Or it has something to do with the patch.

The simplest cure is to use POKESAV-DS by chase-san.

Its the handiest homebrew ever. It lets you edit any Ds pokemon game diamond/pearl/platinum/hg/ss right from the cart.

Backup your sav just in case but its fairly stable, you can edit almost anything [except for .pkmn/wonder card injection, poerus/shiney alt forms BUT THESE ARE IN PROGRESS] But it will also clone your pokemon as you want to do, iv clones with it before and no problems.