Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"We’ve been doing download sales for the Wii and DSi, but there is room for improvement. We cannot say that the Wii Shopping Channel and Nintendo DSi Shop have provided users with a sufficiently easy and accessible interface, and we were not able to run optimal shops which have the ability to both promote and sell products in one place."

- 3DS online shop will combine promotional and sales functionality in one
- similar to combining Wii Shopping Channel and Nintendo Channel into one interface

"For any download business to grow, it must be important for consumers to be able to enjoy window shopping even when they do not have any particular product in mind. Quick and easy access to the shop is, therefore, very important."

- Download categories known thus far

Virtual Console
Classic Games with New 3D Look
Nintendo DSi Ware
New Nintendo 3DS Software

"To make the classic titles 3D will not be as easy as providing Virtual Console software, but we are eager to make them available for the download sales."

- download games for DSiWare as well
- 3DSWare was not mentioned, but the 'New Nintendo 3DS Software' category most likely indicates that feature

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/09/3..._download_sales

Nintendo needs to start doing more on all of their systems. Bring back demos, start seasonal sales, better offers and make the pricing right.

Way back when the Wii was announced they talked about releasing old games with added features but that never happened. They talked about giving some VC games away to help sell a new game in the franchise, and that never happened. In the meantime PSN & XBLA offer some old games in both their original forms AND in updated forms for the same price, Nintendo would have better sales if they offered the same.

It does sound like the 3DS is going to fix what was wrong but they need to do this on all of the systems.

Also has DSiWare has actually been confirmed to be sold on it? All that I've seen is that existing DSi owners can transfer software over.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's easy to tell now that the DSi was just a test to see consumer's reaction.

With the DSi they were somewhat quiet about GBA virtual console, etc. and now Nintendo is going all out with the 3DS (and it of course has cameras like the DSi as-well)

powerfull Tails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeltaBurnt said:

With the DSi they were somewhat quiet about GBA virtual console, etc. and now Nintendo is going all out with the 3DS (and it of course has cameras like the DSi as-well)

but will they have gba virtual console games for dis ware too?

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
powerfull Tails miles said:
DeltaBurnt said:

NO.

Well, probably not. I doubt they'll add much to the DSi, considering they want everyone to buy the outrageously expensive 3DS.

powerfull Tails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
epicCreations.org said:
powerfull Tails miles said:
DeltaBurnt said:

NO.

Well, probably not. I doubt they'll add much to the DSi, considering they want everyone to buy the outrageously expensive 3DS.

oh crap.....

well lucky one of my friends is getting a 3ds and he said he'd let me play

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very interested in the remakes featuring 3D.
And I hope 3DSware is true, as I can't wait to see what quirky games ordinary people can come up with.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
looks reasonable, cnt wait for those GBA games
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat